Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Ok -that is a bargain for cereal,so why not try it ? It's probably the same thing, just a different box and price .

I sometimes buy the bargain types of cereal,just because they have funny names. I'm like a little kid in the cereal aisle- I like the boxes and names of cereal .

I have been trying to buy the healthy kinds lately though .

They don't have cute pictures or names though .

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone.

Joanne, I like that hat pattern. When I first started crocheting I was crazy about making hats. I mad e several hats a week for months, until finally I didn't know where to put them anymore. Last winter I finally gave them all to a warm the homeless charity.

Marlene, my dress wouldn't have turned out very well if I hadn't had a serger. The fabric was really "ravelly" (not sure if that is really a word). I got it for Christmas two years ago, but this is only the second thing I've used it for. I made a t-shirt when I first got it, but it wasn't anything anyone could wear, just a practice thing. And thanks for the kind remarks about my projects.

I am not good at puzzles either. The only kind I can do is the little kids ones. MY bil and sil almost always have a puzzle going. They play a lot of board games too. I've read that those past-times are really good for you as you age, because it keeps your brain active. Hmmm...maybe that's why I can;t do puzzles...my brain is already too old!

Hey ladies-

Doing a little game about colors. We should all know things about COLOR since we use so many yarn colors, right ?

So... anyone can jump in whenever they want .

First ---what does it make you think of when you think about the color BLACK ?

I think the BAD GUY in cowboy shows with BLACK HATS .

YOUR TURN .

Morning Cindy !!!

Gonna grill out some hotdogs or hamburgs today ?

No, that's probably what we will have tomorow. The grandsons are coming over tonight, and they want tacos.

The color Black: since I just sewed a dress, and Joanne's DD just bought one, I immediately thought of a "little black dress"

(of course mine was more like a "big black dress"!!):lol:lol

No, that's probably what we will have tomorow. The grandsons are coming over tonight, and they want tacos.

The color Black: since I just sewed a dress, and Joanne's DD just bought one, I immediately thought of a "little black dress"

(of course mine was more like a "big black dress"!!):lol:lol

Cindy-

I've never SEEN you so can't comment on your size, but DITTO on me and a little back dress. Would NOT work . :eek

Nice afghan Sherri...

I'm so tired...but my mouth is doing okay. I'll try to catch up later...must put roast in crock pot...soonish...zzzzzzzz *oops...* started falling asleep at the laptop here.

Here's the result of my marathon. I was at 54 of 98 rows on Friday evening and finished weaving in the ends about a half hour ago. More project details are in my latest blog post.

Sherri - That is beautiful!

CJ - I hope you mom's sunburn is better today. You gals got a lot done yesterday.

Tammy - We always had rhubarb sauce in the spring. The pie makes me hungry for it.

Joanne - Good job at finding DD an outfit at such a great price.

Marlene - To post a picture here you click on the paperclip above. Click on the browse button and find the picture you want to post in your computer. Double click on it to bring it to the paperclip site. Click on the upload button. Repeat if you have more pictures to add. When you are done, close out the paperclip. When you hit the Submit Reply button the pictures will appear at the bottom of your comments. If you want them in a specific spot in the reply, go to that spot, click on the paperclip button and then click on the picture you want there. Repeat as needed.

We always had a jigsaw puzzle going when I was growing up and most of the time when my kids were growing up. Everyone would stop by and see if they could figure out where at least one piece should go.

Tammy - Those muffins look delicious. Patrick is quite the cook. Good for both of you.

Marisa - I frequently eat breakfast for supper and left-over lunch or supper for breakfast.

Julie - Why am I not surprised that cake is the first item on the card list.?

Julie - BLACK - I think of deep, deep depression. And it's a great color to use in a quilt as a border to make other colors stand out.

- RED - RAGE! :thair& PAIN! -- Roses, Sunburn, Poppies.

Here's the result of my marathon. I was at 54 of 98 rows on Friday evening and finished weaving in the ends about a half hour ago. More project details are in my latest blog post.

Awesome....love the colors! :clap

We found the perfect table and chair set for our kitchen area! It's coming on Thursday.

along with leaving a cooler filled with muffins that Patrick made!

[ATTACH]21379[/ATTACH]

have a great day all!

:heart

:mug

Oh, Yummo!!!!!!! BTW: do you happen to have any extra hot dog recipe books laying around? Phil wants something different....Let me know how much $!

OK ladies, here is the pic of the square I made the other night that I forgot to post yesterday.

And the yarns I picked up for the next couple are:

Peaches & Cream - Gum Drop

RHSS - Bonbon print, Mexicana, and Zebra

Let me know if any of you had already done these?

Very nice!

I don't think we have to make all different ones...JULES???

JUST TO TOSS A LITTLE MORE INSPIRATION INTO THE VARIEGATED GAME :

I bought a pattern book made from Annie's Attic called Afghan Variegations .

The winner who is drawn from the list will also win the pattern book !~!~

Nice! We have till the 10th?

Judy- Did you make a Delicious Orchards run today? I may head down early tomorrow morning if they are open. Do you know if they are?

BBL:hug

Del Orch is closed every Monday....no trip today...

Gorgeous!!

Nice afghan Sherri...

I'm so tired...but my mouth is doing okay. I'll try to catch up later...must put roast in crock pot...soonish...zzzzzzzz *oops...* started falling asleep at the laptop here.

Do you still need friendship squares?? What size??

Hi, again. So far about all I've accomplished today is reading a book. No energy or ambition. And I slept in, too. Go figure. :lol

Hi, again. So far about all I've accomplished today is reading a book. No energy or ambition. And I slept in, too. Go figure. :lol

I think that's great! You're preventing your brain from turning into mush....where mine is slowly going:P

With the limited light in the living room (aka "Man Cave") I was still able to crochet a batch of saltines last night. The yarn is light-colored, so it worked. Tomorrow we're going out to look for some sort of GOOD light for my corner of the room.:)

Well, back to my hook. I'm working on the border of the graph ghan right now.

Red - I think of my kitchen...all red accents, pots, pans, dish towels :)

Judy - :yay for finding a kitchen set

Linda - actually sounds relaxing, enjoy your book :)

I'm going to jump in the shower, then sit to work on my blanket and a square yet tonight :D

Good Morning. :sun

Let's see...I remember nice variegated squares from Julie. Sending get well wishes to Michael. Cindy made a dress and it turned out well. :yay My penpal is Joy and this week's theme is :cake. Julie, I sent a reply to your pm with my address. And CJ, to answer your query from a few days ago, I respond to Sherri or SheffnJerri. :)

Hi everybody. I was having a marathon crocheting session yesterday and I am nearly through. Just have some ends to weave in and I'll be back later with a photo.

Have a great day!

Thank you so much for the well wishes sent to Michael!! :hug

OK ladies, here is the pic of the square I made the other night that I forgot to post yesterday.

And the yarns I picked up for the next couple are:

Peaches & Cream - Gum Drop

RHSS - Bonbon print, Mexicana, and Zebra

Let me know if any of you had already done these?

oh... isnt that neat looking!

:heart

:mug

Evening everyone, after church I just stayed out. It was so nice, sunny and hot out that I just wanted to be where the sun is -- outside. :c9

I also went back to the Lys to get two more skeins of varigrated yarn I picked Peruvian Print which is one of the squares Julie did hers in and plum pudding. For some reason I like crocheting these 8" squares they seem to have a nice rythum crocheting them that is calming to me.

Judy - Yipee we are going to be pen-pals. I think that's great. :hug I'm glad you found the kitchen set that you want it is so nice getting new furniture and to redecorate.

Cindy - I think that is so nice that you are able to sew a dress, I never made anything on a sewing machine except curtains which was so easy. Just sewing in a straight line. :lol:lol

Marisa - My Mom also makes apple cake, I know your house was smelling delicous. I love fish and grits also for breakfast. I like to put butter and sometimes cheese in my grits. You make me hungry.

Sherri - very nice ghan.I love the colors

Leann- I'm glad the root canal is over.

Well house Mates I'm going to see what I'm going to get into to keep myself busy. I'm so excited at the moment for this coming week my new grandbaby will be born. I can't wait to see his little face. I'm so excited. :manyheart BBL

Archived