Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Evening Ladies,

Once again, it was quite busy here today!!

Cindy - The quilt sounds perfect for a camper :D How fun!!!

Cheeria - Hope your blood work went well and uneventful!!!

Linda - Hopefully John will get his turkey. The cinnabon buns sound wonderful and I can smell them!!! :lol I can't wait to see your shawl.

Tam - Sounds like you have a busy evening with the family, I hope it all goes smoothly for you :yes

Judy - Chicken stock sounds great and is always good to have on hand some extra too!! :yes WTG on improvising with your stitches on your rr :cheer

Shiela - Awesome job getting those stitches out :clap and yea :yay for you son leaving you do it!! 200 is crazy for that!! Hopefully dh's paycheck gets straightened out :yes

Tab - Wonderful news that it's a simple cyst!! :cheer:yay Now just make sure he gets his regular check ups!!!

Shaylen - :hug :hug :hug Hope your new meds continue to work well for you and good luck with your ripple!!

Sherri - WTG getting soo much done :clap And, you managed to split your time well :D

LeAnna - Sounds like you had a better today than you've been lately and enjoy your crochet time at the yarn shop :hook

Marlene - I'm sure your color sequence will look great no matter how your work it out :yes

Joanne - Good luck with your hexagons and have something tasty for dinner!!

Julie - Chocolate creamstick sounds wonderful and I hope you enjoyed your treat :yes I am such a chocoholic it's not even funny!!! :eek Glad to hear that they are going to get to the bottom of the situation at the hospital!!! WTG on making yourself heard :clap:hug :hug

Joanne

I opted for a chocolate creamstick today instead of cake -- I found the best little bakeshop,and those creamstick are like taking a bite of heaven .

They also have beautiful cakes in there -- will sometime have to get one and sample it too .

Maybe a small SHEET cake ..( about a Queen sized SHEET .... )

Let me know when you get that cake....I will be over. :D

Thank you all for your support and strength. he is doing just fine and got his choice of ice cream treat :lol

Hope you all have a wonderful night. DH is bbq steaks, mushroom rice with it and broccoli(trees):lol

My prego DD found out that she is having a her boy , so now she has two girls and little boy :lol Oh she is in for in now come sept :lol

Well, we have been without wheels for a week now. DD has been our taxi a couple of times but I hate to bother her. Shop said it was a broken rocker arm. I hope that is all because it should be covered under warrenty. Had new motor put in about 2 years ago. Wish I could afford to just trade it off. Never will really trust it again. Anyhow.......

Finally got the 63 sampler afghan done and just in time. I think it is going to be a graduation gift for DBF's niece in Alabama.

post-35625-135897530016_thumb.jpg

Well the painter never showed up so I'll have to make a few more phone calls. Guess the guy didn't want the work!!! We had an easy dinner- chicken tenders and salad.

I just finished watching Bones and still haven't picked up the hook and yarn!!!!

Julie- that chocolate creamstick sounds delish- I am also a chocaholic- especially dark chocolate- Got some awesome dark choc when I was in Boston-

Judy- I think you are right- the Yanks need to be home- the series with the "Twinkies" should be fun!!!

Marisa Hope your day tomorrow is not as busy- don't forget- tomorrow night is Flyers v Bruins!!

Cindy- Oh a camper sounds like fun- My brother in CT has one at a campground- DH and I have gone a few times- it is so peaceful and relaxing. Which reminds me, I need to book a weekend with him!!! LOL

Well, all have a good night!

Linda- good for you, it's about time to make something pretty for yourself and out of your FANCY yarn -- what color will it be ?

The yarn is Amora, Styled and Created by Giovanni. It's mostly a dark variegated but with almost jewel-like tones in it in places. And it's fuzzy yarn which makes it really tough going to the frog pond. It's really soft. It's the same pattern I always use. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow and see if it turns out. I got it on close-out a long time ago, so I don't know if they even still make it.

Well, we have been without wheels for a week now. DD has been our taxi a couple of times but I hate to bother her. Shop said it was a broken rocker arm. I hope that is all because it should be covered under warrenty. Had new motor put in about 2 years ago. Wish I could afford to just trade it off. Never will really trust it again. Anyhow.......

Finally got the 63 sampler afghan done and just in time. I think it is going to be a graduation gift for DBF's niece in Alabama.

That is absolutely beautiful! Great job! :clap :clap :clap

Sheila - You did great with the stitches. Good for you.

Great time at the LYS...but am beyond exhausted...I'll be a good camper and visit more tomorrow...have stuff to tell ya...

Very pretty. :applause

LeAnna- we'll be here when you have the energy to tell us about your yarn adventure !

Tab- I'll share my cake with you anytime . Bring your fork.

It's PHOTO FRIDAY ladies !!!

If anyone has something to show, today's the day !

I won't have anything this week. I've been working on the same old brown ripple. I only have 2 more strips of brown added to last week's photo, so will wait til maybe next week, I will have more complete on it .

Linda - your yarn sounds very pretty !!!

Good morning and Happy Friday!!!:clap

No photos for me today either! I haven't worked on anything since returning from Boston! But I have done a lot of looking and thinking about what I want to do. I should really just finish that purple and green ghan that is languishing over in the corner of the room. I think I'll start putting the squares together this weekend and see where I'm at with it.

LeAnna- Can't wait to hear about your yarn adventure!

Marisa- I didn't try a hexagon last night- that is also on my "to do" list this weekend!

Well, friends, all I can say is TGIF!!! :yay Next week will be a long one- we have to work all next weekend so Monday will be the start of what I affectionately call a twelve day week! (or maybe not so affectionately:lol:lol)

Make it a good one and I'll see you all after work!:hug

Good Morning House :coffee

I'm not sure I have any photos to put up either. I've been working on my octagons and squares and have 5 octagons done and 6 squares with the insides of several started just waiting for the missing colors to be added :( I won't get my yarn to continue on that until Monday and will have to wait until Tuesday to work on it anyway. I have tickets for the Phillie/Pirate game for Monday night after work :) Over the weekend I plan to work on my lapghan and/or my knitting. Although, I'm very tempted to start something new that I already have the yarn for :think But, I'm going to try to contain myself to the WIP's for now :lol I was debating driving out to Pittsburgh this evening after work since my parents are going to visit my sister this weekend as well and she is having her house warming party for friends and coworkers (planned after she knew my mom would be there, LOL), but am feeling like I'm not up to the drive, flights were too expensive as I kept checking them. So....I'll be free all weekend!!!! :D Oooooo, TGIF!!!!

Morning Marisa-

I hope you have an enjoyable weekend at home. Sounds like you have some plans in the works to keep you well entertained,so it should be a good weekend .

Hope your yarn arrives very soon so you can continue your project !

That is gorgeous! The colors look great together!!!:cheer:clap

Good morning ladies!

Sheila congrats on taking sons stitches out. He was a good sport to.

Judy great minds think alike. I was checking out your blog yesterday and wrote down how you did your 2 color rr. You do beautiful work!

I'll be using pink and white.

Cindy camping will be fun! I need to get my sewing machine out to. I've been going to make cushions for benchs for to long now. Have fun making your quilt.

Sheila congrats on the new grandson. My first born was a boy and my first grandchild was a boy. The boys are just as much fun as the girls just in different ways.

1wani your afghan is just beautiful! You did a great job on it and what a beautiful graduation gift. She will treasure that for many years.

Joanne have a good day at work.

Marisa have a good weekend.

The sun is finally shining here and it isn't raining. I'm off to fix Maya some breakfast and later crochet on that rr. I hope everyone has a nice day!

Thanks, Marlene. That blue and white one was a gift and I didn't have any other blues that went with it, so I had to be creative. I like using lots of colors on RRs if I can.

Have fun with it!

BEAUTIFUL!! Love the colors together. :clap:manyheart:clap

Archived