STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took apart some more of the afghan I'm frogging, so -4 more for me....:( Trying to decide if it's better to get all the points at once and then start working them off, or better to work them off as I go.....what do you think?

I'm starting off the week with a -6. My SP gifted me with 3 skeins of Sensations Licorice. But it's so pretty, I really can't complain, and at least I got some positive points for my yarn addicts score! :lol

I think I'm back in the swing of things finally...finished a knitted scarf last night giving me a plus 2 on points :) I know I've missed alot a weeks but I'm willing to jump back in :) kudos to those who are reaching their goals!

Started off Sunday in the black 7 points, then.......Michaels sales ad.....

Perfect match by Caron on sale :yay:no:eek Two evils - yarnsale and cash in wallet :devil needless to say I ended up with 6 skeins in my arms (a negative 12) - I have at least learned not to take a cart. :devil

Then a day home sick.....busted two of the new skeins :yay

I do believe I will be able to bust out the skein I am currently working on so I will be at 1 point, I will do better than that. I just wish there would be another square along CAL this week to help me again. :hook

At least my wrist and thumb have healed enough to say I am almost back to my old self :yes

I finally have some points this week. I worked on a scarf form my boyfried, even though it was nearly 80 degrees today.

I took this one apart a while ago to fix it, it was very curly

chris_scarf.jpg

And now it looks like this, but I ran out of the grey, so I can't finish it until I buy more (who knows when that will be).

chris_scarf2.jpg

So now I think I've got 6!

I did three skeins last night and this morning doing squares for my afghan. I only have three skeins left of the squares color and then I can start connecting them!!!! I am hopeful to finish the last three skeins tonight and in the morning and then spend the rest of the week putting the border on.

This is my first major granny square afghan that I'm doing and while I want to throw the squares out the window, I am really really proud of myself for getting it done!!!

I didn't get anything busted today I spent the day cleaning out some clutter but at least I didn't buy any so I'm still in the positives. I'm joining my last rows to my quilt so I might not get much the next few days.

Got another point last night after looking through my stash and being inspired. I added this leftover purple fancy fur to this black hat I made a while ago.

black_hat.jpg

Hopefully I can rack up some more points over the next couple of days since I'm off work, but I'll be visiting family (maybe I can teach them to crochet).

Hi Krystal,

I was just wondering if possibly we could do a monthly stash busting game instead of an ongoing, I am getting kind of confused on adding my points this way. :confused I don't mean to change how you are doing this. I think it is a great game, However my brain is just not working this way....LOL. I am not sure if I am doing this correctly. Thanks

I think maybe it's because you haven't gotten the hang of it? Dunno...

But, I was wondering if anyone would like to go to monthly as well, because I have been having a hard time getting the scores tallied up?

The only thing is that I was worried people would get lost with not having a check-in once a week?

Although, it WOULD give you more time to work off your positives and negatives?!?!?

Do we have any other opinions?

I finished one ball today on my quilt so +1 so far today. I went to Hobby Lobby and left WITHOUT yarn yay for me I would like to get below -300 by Saturday.

Archived