STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I need to know something...

I had some UFO's that were that way before I started this game. I am FROGGING some of them to get them out of my hair - Do I count this as NEW yarn? I don't think I should have to since they were part of my stash when I started the game, but I want to be fair.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap YAH :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

I finally can post my stash busting total, I joined a round ripple CAL, and was able to use 3 skeins and 5 balls, totaling a whoppinf 11. Well better than nothing, I even went to Wal Mart and Hobby Lobby and didn't even buy any yarn, sure was tempted, lol, but I made it out of there without any yarn. I'm so proud of me.

KnicKnac,

I frogged a WIP and counted it. I figured since it's not "used" anymore, that it has the potential of clogging my stash and therefore is now part of my stash.

But if you wind it in BIG balls, they'll only be 1 point each! :rofl

I'm tallying up last weeks' scores now.... be back in a few.

Let's see. Last night, I finished up two skeins on my MM project, but bought two more skeins of the purple for the trim, so that wipes out any points I earned.

Then I picked up 9 skeins for an afghan for a friend, so there is a -18 points for the week, and it's only Monday! Good sale at Hobby Lobby on TLC's. Yikes!

:manyheart

Ok. I haven't picked my hook up in 5 days. I suppose I really should. I have some designing to finish. And I REALLY need to earn some points!

Do you ever just NOT want to crochet?

Don't scream "heretic" and throw yarn balls at me....!! I promise I'm not a blasphemer...I just don't feel like crocheting!

Yay, I finally used some yarn! :hook I used up several skein on my afghan and shawl before joining, but I also bought a big box from Amazon so it's a good thing this was all before I joined in here. :lol

(2) I used a whole skein of mohair I had traded with snugsmontreal for recently. I'm working on the round shawl, pattern linked in my sig. :D

(2) Also, I just used up the whole first skein on my Foxy stole.

It's so cute, I wish I could post a pic! Hopefully I'll remember to do so from home. I would probably use up another today, as work is slow, but DARN IT I forgot to bring it with me! :rolleyes

:( Oh no! I haven't crocheted at all the past few days! I miss it, and my stash isn't getting any smaller!!

Maybe I'll work some more on my bf's scarf tonight :manyheart

I LOVE pictures, so post pics of things you're working on or completed here!

I wish I could post a pic! Hopefully I'll remember to do so from home.

I remembered, *and* had time! :clap

Nearly through with this. Just have to finish the last row, then SC around to edge. Darned thing is getting too big so I have to stop now - using reg. mohair instead of kid mohair. :lol

All these are clickable,

2272553150026294795hPfmhv_th.jpg 2947744990026294795hidPtR_th.jpg

I took 2 shots in case the light was bad on one... I can't believe it actually came out spiral, I thought I messed up on the pattern LOL

and, Mr. Foxy stole, he looks a little funny without his ears :P

2351083350026294795UwwJIO_th.jpg

Those are really awesome Mermaiden! I love the color of the shawl. It's beautiful!!!

Congrats to this weeks winners!

Bizzyboppers, I feel your pain, there are days when I don't want to. It's not blaspheme, it's just your body saying don't get sick of your favorite hobby!

I used up a small ball for making "kites" in my classroom. That's one point.

I just need more time to crochet. Heck with the dishes, housecleaning, etc.

Now if only I could drive and crochet at the same time, :think I would be happy! I spend way too much time in the car lately.:lol :lol :lol

:manyheart

I've started my Pooh blanket for new niece or nephew(July). Its a picture of a latch hook that I had someone graph on a computer years ago. Then I just create the blanket from that. This is only the second one I've ever made. It must be all the color changing that's kept me from making it. The colors are a little different too. The first one was all 'primary' color Pooh, but this babies room is "pastel' Pooh. So here's what I did. I'm making the checkered background mint green and a chocolate brown color with a cornmeal colored Pooh in the foreground. I'll put a light blue shirt on him cuz red wouldn't go well. We really don't know if its a girl or boy, so in the trim I'm going to put just a tiny bit of pink to bring all of the pastel colors together....

Tell me what you think of these colors. I took a picture of the progress so far....here's the link....

http://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2007/04/pooh-in-pastel.html

Anyway, I had to buy 4 skeins and I'm using up a partial for Pooh...-8pts. The doll clothes only used a 1/2 skein of each color so +2 pts. A total of -6pts for this week so far! Wrong direction!

biz

Finished 3 skeins over the last 2 days working on my Hope Square afghans. **sigh** I'm hoping to get the next three tonight or tomorrow, but who knows!! So, plus 6 for me.

I used up 1 skein + 1 ball finishing an afghan (+ 3). A well meaning friend RAOKed me a bag of yarn. 13 skeins! (- 26). Boo-hoo! I guess my score so far this week is - 23. Well I have tomorrow off, and it might rain, so I can do some crocheting. I don't think my score is ever going to get past 50.

Ellie 13

Well so much for my doing good this week hehehe. How quickly the tide turns on me I just brought home 8 skeins for a Mother's day project so -16 for my week total so far -10 maybe I can make that up yet this week.

Holy mackrel I am in trouble not very good this week for myself, although not like some of you in the past two weeks. I purchased 6 skeins this week so that is -12 for me. I was able to bust 2 points so far this week, hoping to do better in the next couple of days with the square CAL

Off to work on the stash

Archived