STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Ginny great socks. Are they hard to make, I havent made any before.

Well my score is still zero at the moment. I am going to buy yarn on saturday so that will put me in the red so Im trying to finish some skeins but when your doing little squares it takes forever.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished up 1 more ball making little squares. so one more point :clap This is what I'm doing all of them for right now.

whoops wrong pic here is the right one lol.

th_crochet032.jpg

It took 2 skeins and 2 balls for the last 2 rows I did on it.

Heather - that trip around the world is AWESOME! Are they join as you go, or are you whipstitching them?

I got gifted 6 skeins of peaches & cream cotton... they're great colors, I think I'll make baby bibs out of them for a friend and SIL. But that takes my score down 12 more points.

I won't be getting so many gifts once the end of the month arrives and my exchange game is over... then my score will rebound out of the negatives, I HOPE! LOL!

I have firmly resisted the call of the LYS! (Or is it because I'm getting yarn right in my mailbox??!!!)

Thank heavens for snow days!! It gave me a lit'l time to play catch up, I had a flamin' crochet hook for a while this afternoon LOL And bought more yarn too :ebay:eek

Used a whole skein of camo yarn on 2 hats & a few squares & 13 misc. balls for squares!! +15 for today :dance

Biz, Aussie & Krystal - thanks for the compliments on my socks for dh! :blush He's wearing them asleep in bed right now :lol . He's not feeling well, and his feet were cold.

Aussie - they're not too hard. Socks were my first "wearable" !:lol I love to make them. If you use sock yarn, they can be a bit slow going, but they do fit "in your shoes!" The pattern I used is one of my favorites although short-row heels can be tough to understand. I also like the crochet me "In your shoes" sock pattern. I highly recommend the book Crocheted Socks by Janet Rehfeldt and Mary Jane Wood. 16 sock patterns and explanations of how to customize the socks to fit ANY feet!

Nooo I bought some yarn today. Hehe it was planned at least, so I guess that's not too bad. I bought one skein of a beauuutiful baby alpaca, yay! I need to finish my boyfriend's hat, and then I should hopefully get more points. As for now, minus two *tear*

Got another 10 or so rows done on latest 3-strand. Another 7 pts for me. Love those little balls.

Comfortghan climbed back out of the hole yesterday. It is back up to 4 squares done. I'm using the pink camo, light raspberry and medium thyme to make the squares. I'm loving the colors.

Keep up the good work everyone!! :cheer Love all the pictures!:hook

biz

I finished a skein of Patons Classic Wool today by making a hat for my husband. Another 2 points this week. This is my best week yet! (and I still have two more days!!!:cheer )

Archived