STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I haven't posted to this thread in a while. Fell off the wagon yesterday and bought 19 skeins of yarn. They were so pretty and only $1.00 each. All cottons too. I couldn't help myself. I promise to do better, off to start using some up now. and change my sig line to reflect my poor score.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cats got their paws (and teeth) on 2 skeins of old wool, so that's +4 for me. Unfortunately, that's the only points I earned. I didn't get nearly as far as I wanted last night. Hopefully I'll bust it out tonight.

Yep that's called the Shoot the Mood award... and most weeks that goes to Nght!

:rofl

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! I resemble that remark! :blush

I'll have you know, that since Sat night, I've used 10 more balls of cotton on washcloths/dishcloths... so there! :nahnah

+20 for me!

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! I resemble that remark! :blush

I'll have you know, that since Sat night, I've used 10 more balls of cotton on washcloths/dishcloths... so there! :nahnah

+20 for me!

:lol I'd trade places with you in a heart beat! To have that kind of stash...:devil oh what fun that would be!

I did'nt get to post in time or I would have had more points. I finished the afghan and had about a yard of yarn left, didn't even need the second skein. I mailed it to my bro. I hope it gets there for his b-day (Oct. 8 th). I used 3 balls making spiders for Halloween. So I'll add the 4 points to this week. With everyone at work wanting spiders, I should finish the skein of black soon.

Ellie 13

I bought 2 skeins of Simply Soft today at walmart for DD's halloween costume. Hopefully I will be able to get it finished. I can only work on it for about 30 min at a time, as I got hurt at work last week. Found out today I sprained a tendon.:angry

I am sorry to hear that you were hurt. It is a tough time of year with so much to do.

I made a tote over the past few days as it is the only thing my DGD would let me work on as it didn't take my attention away from her. I used up two skeins of black wool, two skeins of purple yarn and three balls of pink wool for a total of 11 pointsw. It is in the washing machine right now, I hope that it felts well as it is going to be a Christmas gift. If it doesn't work the first time I will try again.

I made the mistake of going to Big Lots today....they had tons of yarn....I bought 10 skeins. :eek And then the lady at the checkout counter said she wanted to buy a scarf from me, and when I was telling that story at work a coworker said she wanted a scarf/hat set, so I had to go to Walmart after work and get 2 more skeins. However, I did use up 2 skeins of sparkly black yarn on a scraf (I have a thing with scarves lately) I have a -20 to add to my WTD......:(

Scarves are fun to make. Quick, easy and satisfying.

I used two skeins working on a sweater. Hopefully I'll get it done tonight, so I can move onto sweater #2. At least I am done with ordering yarn for the time being. I promised myself that I am not allowed to order any more yarn until AFTER the holidays. I'm also trying to convince my supervisor to let me teach the women in my shelter how to crochet so they can make holiday gifts for their families (easy stuff like basic scarves and baby blankets). I told her I would donate the yarn and hooks out of my own stash. Considering I have BOXES of yarn (although not as much as Nght), really I would only need to get a bunch of hooks. I have a lot, but not sure I have enough. I have no problems buying a few hooks for these women though. Hopefully she'll let me so I can help them out for the holidays.

That's it from me!!!

I found out that I have a baby shower to go to next Tuesday so I have to make a few things. Went to Hobby Lobby and came out with 5 skeins for a baby afghan. So, -10 for me. Luckily, this pattern goes quickly and I should use it up pretty soon.

I made 3 balls into partial balls +3, used 2 full balls, 1 partial making squares, 1 partail ball making a yarn needle case.

Another partial ball making a serect project

So far this week Iam up to +10

I keep forgetting to count the yarn my SP gave me. I believe it's 8 skeins, which would be -16. I used a skein making a sweater last night and rolled another skein into a ball finishing a sweater, but I'm not counting that because I believe I'll be making a scarf to match the sweater and I will totally forget that I counted the ball. :D So, -16 + 2 = -14. I was doing so well!!!!

I've got one more little ball busted! +1 At least I made it to the positives and should stay there. I hope to bust a bit more tomorrow then it will slow down since I have to pressure wash the outside walls of the back of the house and get it ready to paint this weekend.

2 more balls of cotton used up for me.. now if only I had as much solid colored cotton as I do multi's, I'd be sailing! Back to the afghan I suppose, it's more than ½ finished, ya'd think I'd keep going!? :lol

I finished the black skein on 8 spiders, I need 2 more. If I don't have more black, I'll have to get some (UGH!). I found white, so maybe I can make some ghosts too. Anyone have a pattern? I read somewhere here someone had a pattern for a 3-D skull (creepy, in a good way).

Ellie 13

This week's total:

Finished two skeins on earth-tone afghan.

Finished a partial skein on a sweater for Daisy.

No purchases this week.

So my total thus far for the week is +5.

Archived