STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Uh oh... I don't think I have ever gotten the shoot the moon before... Where's Nght when you need her?

USING stash to try & help that *almost* -3000 YTD score!!!

Of course, I'm not getting very far but it's a start! :lol

If it makes ya feel any better Krystal, I did TRY to buy some the other night, but all we have here is a Joanns, Michaels & Walmart & none of them had anything worth while :lol Besides, your -12 sure beats some of those more than -500 I've had! :blush

I couldn't access the 'Ville last night to report my 0 score, but I don't think it mattered :D

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I thought I was the only one who was confused :think as to why Nght wasn't the shoot the moon award winner....but I guess there is nothing wrong with sharing :devil

I also notice that it has been quite a while since the postives were higher than the negatives :yes great job everyone and less bust some more stash :yarn:hook

Linda~ I think the deadline is 8 pm saturdays central time. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. :)

That's okay because I didn't bust the ball of black after all. Oh well, I guess I'm starting the week with a -2.

Wow!! I can't believe I got a gold medal. I thought for sure someone else would have busted more then me! Nothing new to report. I am not feeling well today, so I've been lazing instead of crocheting. Hopefully I'll be back on the wagon soon enough!

I busted that skein of bamboo so +2 but I may be in trouble again tomorrow. I see HL has the I love this yarn on sale and I need some for some more graphs for Christmas presents. :eek

Have been AWOL for a while, busy with work and SP stuff, so not really keeping track of things.

3 8oz skeins of lilac = 6

3 3oz skeins of mocha = 6

Gifted with 100g of sugar and cream = 2

100g of skin colour = 2

Small ball of violet for my rainbow ripple = 2

2 balls of peach cotten = 4

Used 2 small balls making a yarn needle case = 2

2 partial balls making hook and stitch marker case = 2

3 full balls of white, 2 balls of mint, 5 partail balls of apple green, 2 balls of sage green, 1 partial ball of dark green making a lapghan = 20

So total so far this week is = 2

Last weeks points and this weeks points so far.

I bought 3 (3oz) skeins of PINK Caron simply soft -6

I bought 6 skeins of sugar and cream -12 Maybe for my Fall Harvest swap partner!!! :cheer

I brought home 3 skeins of Bernat Camo from my shop -6

A total of -24 :oops:heehee

I used 1 skein of Caron simply soft on a baby set +2

I used a skein of black and one of the above 3 oz skeins of pink making myself some slippers +4

I used a skein of RH Grande to make my daughter a purse to match her coat +2

I've used a skein *so far* making my daughter a dress. *1/2 of the skein went to making one for her doll first* +2

I used a ball *1/2 skein* of LB wool-ease making a pair of doll pants, 1/2 a skein making a doll shirt. +2

Then I used up a ball making a 2-strand baby hat +1

A total of +13

So right now I'm at a - 9 :2nono:rofl

I used 3/4 of a skein, had to wind the rest into a ball, it was starting to tangle. I have 8 more squares to go on the afghan. That should finish it off. I have 1 more skein, which I hope is enough to make the border of the afghan. I used 3 balls making Christmas stockings during breaks/lunch at work. 4 points so far this week. Hope to finish the afghan by Sat.

Ellie 13

Well HL didn't do me in yesterday I ended up leaving there without even 1 skein :eek but then I went to Wal-Mart today and while a lot of what they are clearancing isn't anything I want they did have some caron ss tweed for 1.50 a skein so I thought I'd try that in a shrug so I bought 16 skeins of it -32 :eek Oops now I need to add another 16 to my score, only put down 16. I'm trying to sneak it in :lol

Well my yarn order came today... :oops

3 skeins of pound of love in teal -6

3 skeins of bernat camo in Pink Camo *hubby thinks I don't need anymore pink yarn, but I didn't have THIS color! :lol* -6

1 ball/skein thing of thread I'm putting it up for sale in the Sale thread, as I needed to order it for a customer and I had to buy in groups of 3's -2

So another -14 on my score. This is not going to be a good week. Hopefully I can send off the jiffy from a yarn trade and try to get back some points.

I finished off a skein yesterday working on my sweater and finished a ball today. Moving slowly this week, just too tired to think about counting stitches!!

Finished 3 more skeins yesterday. Plus 6 for me. Have plans to finish 4 ore today so we will see. GOtta finish as much as I can because I have an order coming in soon. :D

I finished up a skein of orange yesterday making a scarf (+2)....will probably use up another skein today finishing the scarf and making a matching hat.....slow start to the week so far, but hopefully I can get a decent amount of points.

Well, the bad news is that some lovely yarn made it in the mail today. 5 skeins of it. That makes negative 10 for me. The good news is I worked on a sweater today and used up 4 skeins so a positive 8. That leaves me with a grand total for the day of negative 2. Not bad...not bad considering how bad it could have been. I can get it all back tomorrow.

Well HL got me today I bought 6 skeins for a Christmas present I need to do. I figure since my score is blown for this week I will try to get all the yarn in for the gifts I have to make and work it off in the upcoming months :lol

Well, I busted 3 skeins at work and waiting at the doc's, but I got more yarn in the mail today. 24 skeins, I was trying to soooo hard!!!

So, that makes +6 - 48 for a grand total of -42 for today.

Finally, I have a few *legitimate* points to report! :lol

+6 for three full skeins on Wiggles on a RR

+6 for 3 skeins of cotton for dishcloths/washcloths

+4 for two full balls of thread for 2 *Mother* filet pieces & another doily almost complete.... for a whopping grand total of +16 :lol

I made it through another skein and that's pretty much it. I doubt I'll get through anything else today. It's Girls Day Out Shopping today, so we're headed out to the outlet malls. I'm not supposed to walk around a lot, so I'll probably bring a project bag and work while they do more shopping. Everynow and again.

So, that brings my week score to -37

I think that's it!! Have a great weekend everyone!!

I've been working on my afghan's but it seems like my skeins' don't get any smaller. They're not pounders, I guess it's because they're 8 ounce skeins. Well hopefully I'll be able to bust my pink today, it seems to be getting smaller. I have a black that I was hoping to bust on my other afghan, but I haven't made it back to the black yet. Oh, well, if I don't bust the pink today, I guess I'll still be at -2 going into next week.:ohdear:worried:shrug:cry

Archived