STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I was doing fine and then i got the bright idea for a prayer shawl for the minister who married both my children, she is leaving our church in a few weeks. I had started the day with +8, finished 2 skeins on a baby blanket, blanket is finished too. and 2 skeins on some RAOK projects i have started. I bought 6 skeins for the shawl, so that is -12, grand total for the day is -4!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally finished the afghan for my grandmother for Christmas. I made a skein into a ball (a very small ball) so +1 more for me!! Now I get to start the next afghan.....

Just had to purchase a skein of white to work on the Daisy charity square

So I am starting off the week with -2 hoping to get those points used and then some.

The skeins and cones I have been using lately are hugh and the work I'm doing is small. But I like the bargins that I get when they are on sale

I guess this the trade off :devil

I'm starting this week with lots of points! I worked on my stain glass ghan for a while, and decided it was finally time to roll some of the skeins into balls, so +3 there. Then I finished the scarf I've been working on, +2 for that skein. Now I'm working on a baby sweater, hope to have some more points soon!

+ 1 more, I finished the baby sweater I started earlier today, I'm not sure If I'm getting faster at knitting, or this was just a super easy pattern, but one day, including the trim! thats a record for me with a knitting project! I'll post a picture when I have the matching hat and booties done too!

All right...ALL RIGHT!!!! So I've been sucked back in! I was doing so well! I had made all these scrapghans...my stash was really low....I had basically stopped "CAL-ing" because...I had control, right?!? :think

Um, no. I cleaned my office. I discovered that I had a 30Qt tub of partial skeins laying around my office(not to mention the ever growing pile at home). I now need to bust some more stash!

PLUS, believe it or not...we went to Walmart last week and I found a yarn on clearance (normally I never even look) that I HAD TO HAVE!! None of YOU ever run across yarn like that......:blush

I say believe it or not cuz I own a LYS.:eek Why would I buy yarn at Walmart? Just cuz. Cuz it wooed me and whispered "really pretty summer prayer shawl" in my ear and I succumbed to the desire to pet it. And it was soft and silky and came home with me. :manyheart

So here I am....humbled by lack of control and ready to start stash busting again. :sigh

biz

I'm at +3 for the week so far. I finished off one skein and turned another into a small ball working on a two strand afghan.

I'm starting out this week with a -12. I needed to buy some more yarn for my giant granny so I went to HL. While there, I bought some more of the RH Real Teal (what a fab color it is!). In all, I bought 7 skeins of yarn. I was so tempted to buy more, they have all their summer colors out now, and there's so many pretty, bright colors (just perfect for the ghans I made for Project Linus).

But, I did manage to use up 1 ball of thread making a gift for my SP. Yay!

I am visiting my grandchildren and bought along yarn to give to my granddaughter.......61 skeins of novelty yarn that she is going to use to make scarves for the local elementary school for next year. So that is +122 for the week...does that mean I can go buy more yarn....not really.

I used up 2 more balls +2 but I frogged a border off a lapghan and got another ball of yarn out of it so -1 for that. Still in the pluses but probably not for long I want to (maybe even need to) buy yarn on sale at Micheals. :)

Michael's is having a yarn sale on RH SS and guess who got sucked in? :devil Not to mention seeing the yarn that they discontinued .... who wouldn't want those?? :yay So as I snuck in two large bags tonight because DH works late on Monday's........:devil I am starting off this week with -30 :no

I think I fell off the wagon and I need to start hooking

Great thing the square CAL is coming up this weekend :yes

But I already busted one of the new skeins - new color for me to work with Ocean, I think I will pop over there on my lunch hour tomorrow and keep those at work.

My defense is each skein is $1.66 each (3 for $5) much less than prices I have seen lately, also it makes it easier to spend that on the 5 oz skeins for the verigated

Off to adjust my score!! :devil

Wow, I've medaled three times. Gotta love those scrapghans!

Well, in my Great Cleaning Escapade this past weekend, I tossed a bunch of yarn that was ruined. I had thought that my cats didn't really care for yarn. Apparently, they do not care for yarn that is out in the open. However, the little/big one (she's the kitten and three times the size of our adult cat) seems to like to steal balls and hide them in my closet after she's chewed them strategically. From the colors, it looked like 10 or 12 balls. So, I'll say 10, just to be frugal.

However, on my own, I was able to finish off two more balls working on my laptop pattern. So, I start off the week with a lovely +12.

I bought three skeins yesterday to make a sweater for my yougest granddaughter and finished it last night,,,lucky it was bulkiy yarn. so I did end up with a -1 because I didn't use all of the last skein...but I will at some point. so I am at +121 for the week

Well, I've finished of another small batch, putting me at +10 but I have to go to HL today and get yarn to make my sister a comfortghan. She was just in a car wreck (her second in less than five years) and was hurt badly and in a lot of pain. So last night I decided to make her an afghan to show support before I leave Oklahoma next month.

So, I'll probably break even after my shopping trip today.

I finished a whole skein of yarn making granny squares for an afghan for my grandfather for Christmas... so +2 for me!!:cheer Still have to make about 100 more, and then put the border on them all and then join them....:eek....I'm going to try the "Flat Braid" Joining method that I read about....it's pretty. Anyway, going to go work on my plastic bag -bag for a little while and then back to grannies.....

:cheer:woo

Just found out i got a medal on my 1st week.

Have just bought some baby wool to do a hat anad booties set for a friend who is due any day now, so that's -8.

Rox

Archived