STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Since May 1st I have received 23 skeins (+46) and 100 balls of yarn from a member here @ Crochetville. She is kind enough to help me with scraps to make granny daughters. I have used 2 skeins for making squares to donate. so that makes a total of -142 so far for this month. That will change as I make up those granny daughters though.

I also bought 10 skeins to send to a friend but since they are already on the mail that even out to 0

Thank you my friend.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is sooo cool! It looks like it's glowing. How do you do that? Can I get the pattern?

Ellie 13

Thanks Ellie, on my blog I've described how I did it. It's just a plain granny square. Also the Van Gogh CAL is using this technique.

Well I finally finished my vintage cardi. I already scored for the final skein of yarn, but when trying to lengthen the sleeves I found several swatches I had made from a partial skein of this yarn, frogged them and used them in the sweater - since I never counted this yarn when I made those swatches, I think this deserves a point!

The finished sweater can be seen in this show & tell post as well as on this blog post which has all the details inclucing pattern link and my pattern changes.

I also used another skein on my Twyla sweater! But now I have to put that down to pattern test some letters and work on another project!

I used up another skein in bright purple for a trim on a hop pink dress. It is looking pretty amazing. So that gives me 4 for the week. It's just so hard with the end of school projects, sick kids, etc. to have much time to crochet.:(

:manyheart

Ladies - as much as I hate to drop out - i think it's time.

I like my stash right where it is. The only stash I plan on using will be to finish up some things that I have on the hook and a few others that I have in mind.

For some reason - i'm really getting into thread and a mile and a half of thread just does not get used up that quickly!!! lol

But...I have to admit...I LIKE MY STASH and I don't wanna bust anymore.

I finishe a giant granny square ghan to give to PRA. and that counts as a +2, and i am making a tote for my daughter using 3 strands and that will be +6 as i finish them getting close, not there yet!

Dang see what I get for not reading this for 3 days. Anyway I finished up the ugly granny square using up 2 more balls. I also did a scarf and a hat. Used a skein in the scarf and then finished most of a second skein on the hat so I made a ball there. Did a pot holder, wash cloth & trivet set using up a skein. So lets see that is 2 skeins = +4 and 2 balls = +2 and skein to ball = +1. My weekend total is +7.

I haven't been posting lately. :blush I have used up six skeins on my shawl I am making. I also sent two skeins out today from my stash. So I am finally getting close to being at zero again. 16+ points! :clap

I am also starting a ball of scraps I think they are called 'Magic Balls'? Out of greens...

Tina

2 full skeins reduced to partials = 2 pts. I did this finishing up my dd's alphabet pillows to spell her name. Pictures and info at this blog post.

Still working on Twyla cardigan and started the secret project for Robyn's book today. Should be able to work through a bit more yarn soon!

I just used up another skein today on my shawl. And, I forgot about the skein I used up on a dishcloth, too! So that's another four points. Woo Hoo! For a total of 20 points so far.

Tina

Archived