Hat gone wrong...horribly wrong

songdeva

You guys are TOO funny. Maybe it is a felted cat bed. Mooni, when put on the head, it reaches the shoulders hon. My laptop is probably like 15 inches wide, and that hat dwarfs it. LOL

Maybe it IS a felted cat bed! We shall see. :) Who wouldn't want a felted cat bed made of 100% pure icelandic lopi wool?

Oh dear. If it's any consolation, it's a cute hat...just...a very large one. :) Um. Your mom could cut eye holes in it and wear it ala that kid from the Fat Albert cartoons of yesteryear?

Im so sorry you had bad problems with it! The Lopi is my favorite wool to felt with! I love it so much...I usually add jeans and detergent to the water and then throw it in the dryer when Im done...felts like a charm! Awww and its such a pretty hat, too :(

:rofl when u said on the blog "ok stop laughing and I'll tell you the rest" i about wet myself!!

I do like the hat...... you could crochet a seriously oversized stuffed animal. Have the hat as an accessory, then auction em off with the proceeds going to a charity.... or donate the huge bear with the hat to a childrens hospital near you... just how big would the bear need to be???

I think the bear would need to be like 7 feet tall. As in, a life-sized grizzly replica. Yeesh! But I'm glad you guys got some serious laughter out of my shenanigans. :)

No loose ends, I'll go into detail when I post the felted pics about what I did, but I had it in there with jeans, shoes...and washed and dried like three times.

I think the problem was I should have used only 3 strands of roving. I think I just used too much wool. I would say it didn't even get 10% smaller.

Luckily I have enough wool try a smaller version (and my mom loved the concept). Where can I see some of your projects with felted lopi?

Darn, I don't know any giants looking for a hat. Hey, can you modify it into a lap top case, since we know it's larger than the laptop? Own a really big dog with scant fur atop its head? How about hang it upside down from the ceiling or a cabinet and use it as basket? BTW, I love the colors and design (and can't wait to see it human-sized). patty

I think it looks great. You could put a planter in it and have it be a decorative plant holder if it doesn't felt up well or make it into a basket.

Maybe it's a laptop cozy! Or turn it upside-down and it's a duffel bag. But I like Moonie's idea best; Just wear it proudly. You may start a new trend!

Archived