Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

I am in and on my way to the yarn store right now!

Thanks for posting the corrections too/:hook

i love this pattern and especially the colors the book uses for it. i just love blue

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!! I need to look in here a little more often! I've been busy with moving, hubby's new job, etc.

That's my picture!!!! I did that afghan a couple of year ago. It is still in my guest bedroom.

I hope everyone has as much fun making it as I did. It went surprisingly fast.

Good luck all.

Tracey, I'm so glad to hear that your DD is home! She had to be so scared...

You sound like another one of the strong Moms in the world!!:hug

DD is doing really well today. We are getting ready for a big snow event tomorrow. Hopefully the weather reports will be wrong. Abtha~ yes we will be doing this one together after I get this layette done. I am hoping to work on it for a bit tonight. I found this really great stuff to use on my hands. They get soo dryed out from work and handling yarn, the dry skin will catch of the finer yarns. It is unrefined or Raw Shea Butter. I bought a pound for about 9.00 american and got it last night. the smallest dap completely miosturized my hands. So this stuff should last a really long time. I read that the raw shea butter was the best, but has a woody smell to it. The refined version is creamy white and has no smell, but it has lost a lot of the vitamins because it has been chemically altered, therefore not as good as the raw. version. I thought I would share this bit of info for those with dry skin.

OK.. I started to do the part to attach the corner 9-patches. It says to skip to sc and slip stitch in next2 sc. Did anyone elses not fit quite right. I ended up frogging and and mow skipping 3 sc and slst in 2 sc. Hopefully this will work better. I guess I will get the 9-patch on and then see if it fits right. This is a beautiful afghan, and could be so simple to make. Why am I having trouble in this area?? I really have not had a lot of trouble with it up till now. the trouble I did have was of my own making by using the wrong color yarn at the wrong places.:P

OK.. I started to do the part to attach the corner 9-patches. It says to skip to sc and slip stitch in next2 sc. Did anyone elses not fit quite right. I ended up frogging and and mow skipping 3 sc and slst in 2 sc. Hopefully this will work better. I guess I will get the 9-patch on and then see if it fits right. This is a beautiful afghan, and could be so simple to make. Why am I having trouble in this area?? I really have not had a lot of trouble with it up till now. the trouble I did have was of my own making by using the wrong color yarn at the wrong places.:P

Dianne were you able to work this out. I wasnt sure what row of the corner border you were on.... oh just reading again and I know what you mean now. I actually skipped about 3 and then slipstitched in the next 3. So long and you are equal on both sides with your colors and you can get the 3rd color up to the half granny you should be fine. remember at row 10 you do turn and you do another row of the third color. Its row 11 that you assemble the corner block. This way you are assembling the block on the right side of the ghan.

Dilly, to do it, you highlight the text and press the button that looks like a pencil.

OR, you can write the word "strike" in [ and ] before the text and then again with [/ and ] (/ in there on purpose) at the end.

Thank you. I will go later and see if I can figure this out.

Thank you also for the advice on this section of the afghan. I will remember this. I will frog again if I need to. Thre is a row 11. I am going to have to read it again.

OK, I finally got my camera software fixed!! Here's the picture for as of last Friday. Still looks the same since I'm just doing the next round of 9-patches still! Unfortunately, the blues aren't coming out with as much contrast as they should.

Blue_Star_031607.jpg

Blue_Star_031607_Top.jpg

That's pretty. I think the blue variegated looks really great. It gives it that starlight look.

I'm not normally a fan of blue, but your ghan has such a rich look to it - it's really looking great! Keep on chugging along!!:cheer:clap

Wow Lady, That is beautiful. Nice work. Krystal, I remember the blue and cornmeal you are making, It is just as beautiful.

Well, I have gotten all of the layette pieces done except the afghan. I am working on it now. I changed the ghan to a different pattern than what is with the bubble suit. I wouldn't survive 94 tiny hexagon squares of popcorn stitches.

i think i should finish a lot of my un-done projects to start this awwwwwww i`m stuck

i feel that someday i`ll run from my un done afghans and all of them running behind me trying to catch me and say in screamy voice (FINISH ME ...!!! FINISH ME...!!!) :lol

Archived