New Jersey Crocheters

Ladykats

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exit 152 off the Parkway till I moved to the Wild, Wild West. (Check out the Who's a Jersey Gal or Guy thread from long ago to see how very many of us Jersey kids are on here!) Hope ya'll aren't swimming for much longer. My mom said her basement did flood Sunday, but just a little. My sister's basement flooded bad, and her neighbor's apparently flooded up to the 2 top steps of their basement stairs. Another sister lost her gas heat and it was quite cold in her house.

:eek Patty

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I live in Pennsylvania, but I live only 20 minutes away from Phillipsburg (can just hop on I-78).

I wish that I lived at the shore! We get to Seaside Heights when we can but haven't been there in a couple of years. If my 6 year old son had his way, we would live in Seaside Heights! He's always loved it there! When he was little, everytime that we would go to leave after one last visit to the beach, he would cry because he didn't want to leave. (Even in the winter when we went for 2 days.)

Terri, my aunt had a bungalow at Seaside Heights and we spent our entire summers there in the 1960s and 1970s. 3 blocks from the boardwalk. It was great! I haven't been there in over 20 years, and I bet it's changed so I would hardly recognize it. Mmm! I could use a waffle ice cream sandwich and some cotton candy right about now! The best summer was when my cousin worked at the carousel and would sneak us on for free! Happy summertime memories... patty

Patty,

Wish that we had a bungalow there! I would go every chance that we could!

That waffle ice cream sandwich and cotton candy sound so good right now! And of course some salt water taffy!

They still have the carousel!

Seaside Heights is where my hubby proposed to me! Right on the beach at night!

I see that you live in Tucson! I wish that I were there! I love Arizona! Been there twice and just love it! They have some neat little places in Arizona!

Have a great day!

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

My name is Joan, I'm new here at crochetville, and I live in Barnegat (across from LBI). I didn't know anyone around here who crocheted so I started teaching the basics and now we have a little group. Once we drop the kids off to school, we go to Wawa for a cup of coffee and go down to the gazebo down at the docks on Barnegat Bay...and crochet in nature. It's so relaxing and beautiful. :frog

Boy have you brought back some memories. When the DH and I lived in New Jersey, we us to go to Beach Haven for vacation. I sure do miss the ocean scent and the sand.

Over here on the Gulf of Mexico, it just isn't the same. It is like living on a big lake, (no waves). Most of all I miss the surf fishing.

Great news on the teaching and forming your own group. That is really cool.:hook

Hi Joan, I know exactly where you are. I'm in northern Monmouth County now, but had friends living in Barnegat years ago. It sounds like a lovely place to sit and crochet, especially with the nice weather we've been having.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to live in Bergen County NJ myself. Waldwick NJ. Anyone ever heard of it? Now, I am here in sunny Florida with my family. I do have a brother still living in the town where we grew up.

You all bring back alot of memories of down the shore. i sure do miss those days. Not the same here in Florida.

Archived