Lumpy D. Cyst

theworm

My adopted e-child is having surgury tomorrow to remove a cyst. She'll be fine, but this is the second major surgury she has had this year to remove large and unruly cysts, and it's not fair to her or to her mom. I consider them both friends, and wanted to send something, but wasn't sure what.

Well, everyone is trying to keep their sense of humor, so tonight I crocheted Lympy D. Cyst for her. The last cyst she should ever have!

I think I was inspired by Cuddlefish's adorable Cuddle Fish. Lumpy is similar, but I put cluster lumps randomly across her back - they don't show up well in the photo, but she is rather...lumpy. She's got a scrawny tail, just because it seemed cuter.

It might be a bit "sick", or even a bit in poor taste, but I think it will make her laugh. :)

336915478_6b784460af_m.jpg

i think its awesome that you made that for her. why is it sick. i wish someone would make me a whacky back cause i would punch it when i was hurting lol i think its a great thing you did:hug:hug:hug

Great idea, and great name! (Good pun on the D. Cyst ==> desist!)

You gotta laugh about those curve balls that come over the plate every now and then, and this should help. :)

Susan

:lol When I saw the title I thought 'Oh it must be another of LadyLinoleums' designs...'

That is too cute! I don't think it is sick. (But then maybe I am sick, so how would I know?) :think Just joking. I think if it makes the child laugh, then it is great! It's cute. I think it will mean a lot to them both. :yes

Tina

I agree with Beth....

If it makes a child of any age smile and laugh at what is happening, then it's the best thing in the world.

My dad had a stroke when I was 13. He was only 40. He used a lot of laughter to get back on his feet. When he was learning to talk again, and have to say "puppy", but he couldn't get it out...he would say "dog" instead. Laughter helps heal the wounds.

Thanks!

She e-mailed me that it arrived today. She loved it - said that she laughed so hard that she cried. Glad there was no mail for a few days - this is the first day she could laugh without pain!

Archived