PK Doily Along

ChayaSar

Well, I was given a great Brochure of Patricia Kristofferson Doilies called Coffee 'n' Cream Doilies from my sp during the autumn run, and yesterday I finally started one of them. I am making it as part of a larger shadow box presentation for my Mother's 50th birthday in July. I would love to make ALL of the 9 doilies in this book during the course of this year, and was wondering if any of you ladies have any of her books of incredible doily patterns, and would like to join me???

I really want to get into thread in 2007, and thought that there are lots of people here who always speak so highly of her patterns, and thought we could showcase them here.

If there is interest I'll post a pic of my progress tomorrow. My mom's doily is Parakeet colored, and I think she is gonna just love it!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go for it...I have the Absolutely Gorgeous Doilies book and my MIL has asked for doilies for her house (it's really the only decoration she uses, and doesn't have many). I told myself I'd attempt to make all 18 for her, giving her some throughout the year, and present her with the rest for Christmas. I'm thinking about 'layering' in some color (having certain sections be different colors instead of the whole thing be one solid color), and this should be pretty neat, since some of the patterns look like they have "smocking" or cabling in them. Let's try it! :hook

I am so totally here! I have collected several of her books and already done most of the ones in Coffee & Cream but all for gifts so I only have one or two of them. I want some for myself! I might make a few designs from Mary Werst too. She is very PKesque.

woot, welcome ladies, this should be fun!!! I've been having a lot of fun with this doily, once hubby wakes up I'll load the pics and post them here! Can't wait to see which ones you do! :hook

Well, here is my progess so far on the 1st doily in the Coffee 'n' Cream book, it's called Espresso:

th_momsdoily.jpg

This is the center part, I'm debating doing the larger outside part in white, i'll decide the next time i work on this one :lol I think it would be pretty in 2 colors, but I love this parakeet color, so I might put off the color changing doily for my next one.

Hi Everyone:cheer

I'll join I've been working on some doilys myself. One is a multi colored blues for my Girlfriend Yvonne its almost done. Pattern is from Leisure Arts Touched by Nature. The other one Im working on is pink shades layered ruffled look from Hooked on Crochet #56... Will post pics soon.:hook

Love the shade of blue yours is in:yes

Here are some doilys I am currently working on and 1 is actually finished.

This is the finished one done in yellow Large Thread bought in a thrift store. Pattern was from Crochet Central but Forget the name.

Yellowdoily.jpg

This is the one Im making for my girlfriend Yvonne done in multi blues pattern from Leisure Arts Touched by Nature...It is almost done have about 4 rowns left.................

Multibluedoily.jpg

Will post 2 others Im working on in a little while.....:hook

I am in I have just recently gotten into doily making!! I too have been entranced by all the PK doily pics you all have done. I got the Absolutely Gorgeous Doilies book so now I just have to decide on which pattern I want to do first and choose the thread!!!

Suzan

welcome suzan, so glad you can join us!! And pumpkin those doilies are really very nice.

How many books are there of Patricia Kristofferson's patterns??

well, how do you unsubscribe? Just curious and learning how this website works.

If you have any other questions how to use this board you could read through this section here. There is a FAQ here.

Hope that helps and welcome to the board as you get the hang of checking this board out you will be amazed at all the creativity here.:hook My WIM list is a mile long 'cause of this board. It's a good thing:)

Does any of PK books has diagrams?

Do you mean symbol patterns? None of the ones I own do. The books do have clear descriptions of the stitches PK likes to use to get the cool texture her doilies have.

I finished my first doily. I made a very small one:) It's #79 from 99 Little doilies. I used #10 opera thread in a blue-green.

I still need to block and weave in the ends.

(clickable)

340103846_bf7d851922_s.jpg

i only have 1 of her books, and the one i have does not have charts. But there are full color pics of each doily completed, so that's helpful to me to see where mine fits in to what hers looked like.

None of her books are charted. I have most of all of her books. I have made quite a few of her doilies, but I have used size 80 tatting thread for them. It's been awhile since I have made these. I don't have any of these as I have sold most of them, given a few away as gifts, never made one for myself, but I'm keeping this one I"m working on. You can see them at this website:

http://wanderbee.bravehost.com/elfdoilies.html

Thanks for getting me interested in working on them again.

Diane

Archived