PK Doily Along

ChayaSar

:blush I have tried to start my doily, but I can't get any further. I'm going to go get the 99 doily book & try again. I'm frustrated right now because I want to do this!:(:yarn

If you tell us where you are having trouble someone might be able to help you. I've done several PK doilies and could help you decipher the pattern if that's it. Go ahead and get the 99 doilies book too. They are easy projects to use up odds and ends of your thread stash ;)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'll run out to JoAnn's today & buy the book. I think my problem was that I was trying to do it at work. I found out fast that I need to stick to my afghans for work projects. Something that doesn't use too much brain power.:lol I'm going to start this one over & if I still have problems I'll call you & show where my problem is. Thanks for the help.:hook

I finally finished the Hazelnut Doily from Coffee and Cream last night. I had to frog the last three rows over and over again because I kept catching a mistake! :bang I finished! :yay

I used a #6 hook and #10 flora thread in lemon yellow. All pics are clickable :)

411564295_fe764e5175_s.jpg411564430_3f49fc50ef_s.jpg

411564326_022af2f2f6_s.jpg411564368_20f9f25a66_s.jpg

Thanks for looking:)

Samantha--That's beautiful!! What would you say the skill level is on that?

Thanks! As far as skill level the patterns does not say. I'd say it might fall into intermediate? I really don't go by skill level. I think anyone can do any pattern they set there mind to. If are new to a technique it might take you longer but you could still do it.

On another list someone came up with a really fun descriptions of skill levels. The things you can do with the kids running around asking you all kinds of questions and getting snacks etc. The things that you need a calm cup of tea and the kids are all asleep and dear dh is busy elsewhere ;) This doily falls in the latter category;) hence the need to frog the last few rows several times. The kids were not asleep and I was getting interrupted a lot :P

• 2 months later...
hello ladeis

any one intrested in making doilies???

i wanna make doilies but out of the book just some patterns i`ve takin from the web

Why don't you start a new thread. I am working on some doilies but they are PK doilies so I haven't posted here.

• 3 weeks later...

Mini - although I did not join in this CAL, I couldn't resist posting when I saw your doily. I am making the very same one! And am now on the second last round. I am not creative with colour, unlike you, and have made the whole thing in light grey thread. I can't wait to see your finished doily, with the play of colours.

Hi amdm,

I've made this doily twice before, but as gifts for friends. One in white and one in a ghastly shade of pink. Even in the ghastly pink it came out beautiful. So to do it in 3 colors kinda sounded interesting. Please post a pic of your doily when you finish it - even if you didn't join the CAL!

Samantha. Question. I have used flora size 10 in the past. I was wondering what you thought of that thread? It seemed large, and puffy to work with compared to cebelia. I made 2 pk doilies for my swap partner, I'll have to wait until she gets the package to share them though.;)

Your doilies are lovely. I am eager to see the outcome of the 3 toned one as well. What a great idea!

Samantha. Question. I have used flora size 10 in the past. I was wondering what you thought of that thread? It seemed large, and puffy to work with compared to cebelia.

I found it stiffer than Cebelia but the doily I made with it blocked up nicely so I think I would get it again if I wanted the colors they have.

Mini - I have just run out of thread - can you imagine? On the LAST round! So now I am stuck till I can go get some more.

How aggravating! :irk

I haven't done any more on my doily as I got sidetracked with an afghan. So I'm making a deal with myself. I'll work on the afghan during the week and the doily on the weekends. :P

Mini - my doily will also have to wait, even after I manage to get the thread. I have to finish some small gifts for my colleagues, so you might well finish before me, even though I am on the last round.

Archived