PK Doily Along

ChayaSar

crochet-2 you don't need to post everyday in here, just when you've made progress or when you have a question or want to comment on how others are doing. the c-ville police won't be knocking if we don't hear from ya for a few days, :lol

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, I'd love to join in on this CAL! I'm going to hunt down the other books I have, but if all else fails, I'll be doing Doily #5 from Pineapple Gallery. (Not that it's a hardship to do 'if all else fails' ... all of these doilies are breathtaking!)

Thanks for starting this one!

Brae

:welcome to the CAL brae!! I must confess I worked on other thread projects today, and i cleaned, I need to clean more than knock off a few more rows on this doily, I'm starting to really love working with the thread!!! And I think I"m getting better at it!

I have looked and looked at FAQ and other place and I just do not see where it mentions how to unsubscribe from crochetville. I know, I know, it's probably right in front of my nose, but I just can't seem to find it...

Diane, I'm fairly new here myself but I'm thinking if you posted in an appropriate area, you'd find lots more help. I think there's a section on Board Help if you look on the main forum listing. Good luck!

Ada, thanks for the welcome. Practice makes perfect! Thread just sucks me right into it's spell ... I can use yarn for a short while, but I always have to come back to thread. Looking forward to seeing your doily! (I haven't begun yet, but likely today.)

Brae

My goal this year is to make all 18 doilies in the Absolutely Gorgeous Doilies book for my MIL. I just started yesterday on No. 4: Pineapple Passion. I'm up to Round 16, but here are pics of my progress so far:

crochet010.jpgcrochet009.jpg

I'm using a blue variegated #10 thread w/ a No. 7 steel hook, and I'm loving it! It's turning out like a Dresden plate or Delft work. My mil may not be getting this one after all...:devil:goodorbad

oh my, tracy that is BEAUTIFUL!!! my mother has all sorts of those blue and white dishes, she would LOVE a doily like the one you are making. Unfortunately my lys's only sell basic solids for thread, I might have to look on-line to purchase a greater variety.

:welcome Barb! I was so bad last week, I did NOTHING in thread! I was working on other things, and honestly didn't crochet much at all, I'm hoping to get in some great hours of crochet this week. Tomorrow is my thread day, all thread, all day long. I want to complete 3 rnds on my mom's doily, complete 1 bookmark, and comlpete 3 snowflakes. Should be a very productive thread day if all goes well. Plus, school with Kenzie, deal with the landlord in the morning, and the usual cleaning list. WOOT!! Love a busy day, nothing quite like feeling over-extended, :lol

:bump

I thought I'd lost you all for a while there! Figure an update is due!

Well, I went in search of my Absolutely Gorgeous book and couldn't find it anywhere. I'm half positive, maybe ... possibly, that I've seen it since August (we moved then) but it's being elusive so I went out and bought another one today! Crazy, I know ... but I get desperate. I want to go on a Trish binge just as soon as I finish my bedspread/quilt-along.

To get me started I began Doily #6 from Pineapple Gallery. I'm using Clea thread (it's a size 10) in a sort of mocha colour.

TRADE? Once I'm finished this doily I'd love to trade Pineapple Gallery if anyone is interested! Thought I'd ask here first since we're all Trish fans. Pineapple Gallery for any one of these:

Doilies with Charm

Simple Elegance

or Snow Crystals

How are you guys doing with your doilies? Any pics?

Hey brae, I need to get a pic of my progess on mine. Mondays are my thread day, and las week i was able to finish 3 rnds of this one. I really like it, but didn't take a pic, because until I finish the three rnds, maybe more I do this week it won't be laying flat...I"m at an odd point in the doily.

I don't have any of those books you want to trade yours for, maybe someone else will. Thanks for asking here first!

I was wondering too if this had kinda fizzled, was so glad to see someone post in here. I'll have a new pic up tomorrow evening. :hook

I finished my doily!!! I wish I could say it's really turning my crank because I love Trish doilies so much, but for some reason this one just looks like a regular, plain ol' doily. Hopefully once it's blocked it'll pop.

There's a picture of it on my blog - just a quarter of the doily. I was trying for a close-up of the stitches but it didn't work out.

http://www.brilliantwhitelies.com

Next up (cuz I've got to keep a small project in my purse) will be Pineapple Passion from Absolutely Gorgeous.

Tracey, I'd love to join you in your quest to finish all 18 of these doilies!

Still looking forward to pics! <--- HINT!

Brae I think your doily is very pretty. Sorry it's not doing much for ya. My kiddos are all seriously ill, and I haven't been able to crochet too much this week, hopefully they'll all be healthy again soon. Then I can work with thread some more.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my finished doily!! I took the pic when it was still on the blocking board (a piece of foam-core and stainless steel pins), and it's now under our tea tray on the dining room table. I still think it looks like a Blue Willow plate, or Dresden work. Waddaya think?

crochet005.jpg

Wow tracy that is beautiful!!! I'm still slowly plugging away at mine. I can't wait to be finished, I'm hoping to finish it this month, and then start another one. I simply LOVE LOVE LOVE the color of yours!!

Oh I just love all of your beautiful doilies!:yes My mother used to crochet doilies & gave them to her friends. As a result none of her kids have any of her work. I've always wanted to try but have been too scared to try. I know now that I can, because I've crocheted butterflies with the small #10 thread & size 7 steel crochet hook. I just have trouble reading patterns sometimes. :blush Don't always understand. You've convinced me to try. I don't have a pattern though. Maybe I'll go to JoAnn's & look for that one you mentioned. Is there some that are easier for my first time try?:hook I'm ready to attempt mine.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on a few small doilies from 99 little doilies.

I need to frog back the second one because I missed a chain 3 ugh!

I have a larger doily picked out to complete from Coffee & Cream. I will make it with some some lovely light yellow I got from Handy Hands recently.

I'm hoping to bust some thread stash.

How's everyone else doing?

Is it too late to join? I just bought the 99 Little Doilies over the weekend and would love to CAL with you ladies.

Never to late to join!

I really like the 99 Little doilies book. Great use leftovers and easy take a break project.

I finished up 3 mini small PK doilies from 99 little doilies. I'm trying to stash but some thread. I still haven't finish this ball with these three. I'm using them in my bathroom.

398882316_1d2e510b31_s.jpg

#89 - I made a mistake in the pattern so I finished off a few rows early. All pics are clickable.

398882293_ce35dabc4a_s.jpg

398882258_841a06c8cf_s.jpg

Thanks for looking!

:blush I have tried to start my doily, but I can't get any further. I'm going to go get the 99 doily book & try again. I'm frustrated right now because I want to do this!:(:yarn

Archived