Finally Finished and Just in Time!

TX CrochetLover

I made these hats and scarves sets for Christmas. I made 7 sets, but only 6 pictured cause I made two of the camo sets, one for son and dad. I wasn't sure I would get them all done, lots going on at my house, but I made it with two days to spare! WHEW!!! :lol The hats are all from Crochet Garden, and the scarves are various stitches from the Stitch Bible and one online pattern for the cable scarf which I changed to be thinner. I can't find that link right off, but I got the pattern from CPC. Now I can finally say I am really done with Christmas gifts. Now to get them wrapped! Merry Christmas everyone! Pics clickable.

th_HatsScarves1.jpg th_HatsScarf2.jpg

those look great!! and oh, i just got the stitch Bible, I LOVE IT!!! I think the recipients of these sets will be very happy with them!

Those are gorgeous. I'm especially loving that winter white scarf.

Yeah, isn't the white yarn pretty?! It is Woolease. I didn't even know they had sparkly til I went to Joann's to get the yarns. Most of the scarves/hats are made from Woolease except the camo which was RH and the multi jewel tone which was TLC. I won't know how they will be received until this side of the family gets together on the 27th. Anyhoo, thanks so much for the compliments and support!

Well, I got mixed results on the gifts, the little girl loved hers and the red one went over well. The people I gave the camo adult set and the multi TLC kinda made fun of them and threw them to the side. Oh well, can't please everyone. The blue was for a boy and he was looking for the toys we got him!LOL! And the dark green- couldn't read my BIL, he's not really demonstrative and I think if it came from a high end store, he would have been impressed! But, I enjoyed making them and hopefully they will get worn.

Very pretty patterns and yarn! I wouldn't worry too much about initial reactions. I think men especially are notorious for not openly appreciating handmade gifts, but I bet they will be worn when the occasion arises! My favorite is the blue cabled one. I need to try cables!

They look amazing! Anyone would be lucky to recieve them as a gift. I especially love the cable scarf and if you have time one day could you give us the link to it?

Here you go! http://members.aol.com/JSchlossma/ascarf.html

I changed the pattern up a little because I didn't want it so wide.

Archived