Really Ridiculous Boa

Catiebug

I'm calling this the Really Ridiculous Boa because it's nearly 10 feet long! I made it for my BF's mom, who is a Red Hatter (?) I understand they're supposed to be rather outrageous, so I figured this would be something bold that no one else has!:hook

Sorry about the color shift - it's supposed to be royal purple and red, but i had to use my cell phone to take all these pics, so the quality is off...:(

th_ReallyRidiculousBoa.jpg - Really Ridiculous Boa

th_ReallyRidiculousBoa-Detail.jpg - detail

(both pics are clickable)

I know a few red hatters and they are crazier then us on the ville :eek! I have a friend that is the queen of her chapter they have done some crazy things they even go out for breakfast in the red hat jammies! They have big conventions that they go to! They are a huge fun loving bunch as we are here:)

The boa is seriously out there! As a Red Hatter, she'll love it.

I don't know what came first, the Red Hat Society or the Poem, but there is a poem that starts out "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple

With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me..."

Here is a link to the rest of it, if anyone is interested:

http://www.wheniamanoldwoman.com/pages/348544/index.htm

The first time I read it I was so touched and just fell in love with it... I'm not old enough to qualify... yet... but when I am, I'll be raiding the yarn bins for purple and red Fun Fur!:lol

• 3 years later...

just to let yall know there ARE JUNIOR red hatters!!! those that are under 50 qualify. im 37 and i was a jr red hatter (pink hats as we are referred to) princess of sorts.....the one in charge, of course a sr red hatter was our queen.

Archived