Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

Tabby, I do want to make the Casablanca...but first I want to do more work on the BS I started. To make the committment, though, I'm heading out to pet the yarn and see if I want to keep the color scheme or change it - then I'll buy what I need (and hide it:devil ).

Definitely my next big project:hook

...and I'm determined that this will be my year to FINISH what I start:yay

I really do love the Casablanca design!

Happy hooking, everyone!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judi~I have a ton of stuff to finish too. :eek I have my BS which i'm still working on but it has become second best because the PS has to get done by a certain time. I will do that Casablanca though even if it kills me, it'll be worth it as long as they bury me with it. :devil

Boy, I understand that people who go away for a couple of days need to catch up but all I did was go to bed and there were about 3-4 pages added. :eek

This thread is never boring. :wlol

Tabby- let's make a deal. I will work along with you guys on ONE of the quilt patterns . So we can all make those TINY little squares together til the cows come home . :D

I am concetrating with every brain cell to get that PS done. It has moved to the TOP of the pile -- everything else to follow .

Awww, only one? :lol My PS is a priority too & I won't be starting anything else until it's done. After that, I can't make any promises. :devil

Well, Tabby

I'm TELLING myself only one. I need to brainwash myself by saying "FINISH THIS PROJECT .... THEN you can start another ) "

My mind gets too bogged down if I have 13 separate things going at once.

I certainly admire you guys who can juggle so many things at a time .

I have a one-track mind, that's why I told myself - THIS WEEK IS PRAIRIE STAR WEEK .

We'll get around to those bushel -baskets of 1 inch squares in a little bit . :D

Hi, all. I've been typing notes for John all morning, so this is my first real break. Wow! This site has been really hopping! :jumpyay:bounce

Shaylen - What an adorable little granddaughter you have. :heart She's a winner for sure. I envy all of you who live close enough to see your grandkids so frequently. I get to see my grandson about once a year. With luck I'll get to see him for about a week in June. He changes so fast. He's three. Dd's not sure yet if they are going to have another or not. Ds plans to adopt if and when they decide to have kids. None yet.

Will take a picture of my popcorn striped BS today or tomorrow. It's coming along nicely and quickly. I'm bogged down on the Greenbriar and may end up frogging it. :bang That much filet crochet is really daunting. We'll see. I haven't touched it since I took the last picture. :kick Or it may be one of those projects that take literally years to finish.

I must confess that I also know how to use those pointy sticks. :knit Mom taught me how about the same time that Grandma was teaching me to crochet. I don't do much with them anymore except to make preemie hats. They are go so much slower than when I'm hooking.

I'm in for that lunch on the barbie. I love just about anything cooked that way. How about if I bring the veggies or a big salad?

morning everyone

Shay your grand daughter is beautiful.

Julie what has happened to your stripey bedspread. Are you still doing it.

Athba I hope everything is ok.

Linda you are most welcome to the barby. Its nice weather for a barbeque.

I have to say that Im frogging my chocolate dreams BS. Im not sure whether to do the casablanca at the moment, so for now Im concentrating on the 9 patch.

Wendy, I thought the Chocolate dream squares were beautiful, Sorry to hear it wasn't your "cup of tea" As Darski said, We are all here to help you get through whichever design you decide to create.

Well I did really like it. I think I lost interest in it because it was only one color and I didnt know how to bring another color into it. I still have the squares, if I could introduce another color somehow I think I would still do it. Maybe if I do a round of cream round the edges it might work. What do you think.

It sounds like a lot of you guys are going to join me in the little squares but I'm not doing the Casablanca yet. I might be ready to start it or one like it after I get a good hunk of my Trip around the world done.

Well I did really like it. I think I lost interest in it because it was only one color and I didnt know how to bring another color into it. I still have the squares, if I could introduce another color somehow I think I would still do it. Maybe if I do a round of cream round the edges it might work. What do you think.

Wendy, could you change to a different colour when you finsh the pineapple portion?

There is that last section that gives a pattern effect when joined but it could stand alone in a different colour and thereby frame the pineapples. it would not look contrived as it seems like a natural point for change.

Hidey Ho Wendy

It's ok, if your other squares weren't floating your boat, then pull the plug and try something new. I know for me, if I don't like how something is turning out, whether it's due to color, pattern or whatever, I will NEVER finish it .

My striped aghan has joined the other "bag projects " on the IOMP .

I have my PS on the front burner. That baby is getting done this time .:hook

Well, I got my fingernail fixed, and had the rest trimmed to half their length. I managed to finish and attach my seventh circle, I am now working on my eighth circle. Never realized how difficult things become when you lose a fingernail. All day long I have been typing and hitting the keys one row below where I wanted to hit. I feel normal again.

Wendy~ adding a cream to the pink square would be pretty. And Darski is right that the change over to accent the pineapple stitch would really be beautiful. I can see it in my minds eye.

Its been quiet here today :think . I guess everyone's working on their bedspreads. I am still on my first strip. I made 24 diamonds, using a worsted weight yarn and think that should cover. I just don't know how much in terms of inches the edging will add, so I guess i'm sort of winging it. Anyway, I still really like this pattern!:manyheart

Brae

Yet another one gets bitten by the Prairie Star ! Isn't that pattern so pretty ?

What colors did you choose and how far along are you on it ?

I'm using the same colours as in the pattern only because it matches my living room. I know ... this is supposed to be a bedspread! The thing is, I haven't decided on the colours for this room yet so just in case, I thought the PS should at least match something. Ya know, I might even hang this on the wall if I can flatten it out enough with blocking and ironing!

I'm out to the dark green points now and will be starting the cream diamonds turned on the side. Works up so fast, doesn't it?

After this one though, I'm definately doing one for my daughter's bed and that'll be in shades of greens and lilacs with cream!

I also told a friend about it earlier tonight and she looked up the pattern, fell in love, and is going to do one using baby yarns for her new grandbaby due this summer. How cute is that going to be?

What colour is yours, Julie? Looking forward to some pics!

Brae

Yeah Wendy, I think I may be getting too much going at once lol, but that's ok since there isn't any dead lines on anything I'm doing but the charity blitz so I've got lots of room to add stuff. lol.

Well I almost finished my sixth square when I ran out of yarn, so I ran up to my stash and got the next skein out, but have yet to get back to work. Wow the popcorns really take up alot of yarn. I think I am going to have to rethink how much yarn I am going to need.

What does the Prairie Star pattern look like? It sounds interesting. I don't know if I could ever do the Casablanca blanket. To many strands to weave in. That is my one weakness. I hate weaving in. That is why I have been weaving in the ends when I finish each square. I have also started a basket weave afghan for my mom. She informed me I have a year to make her something. I think she is feeling left out. Keep up the good work everyone. I can't believe how busy this place is. Everytime I come back I have to sift through multiple pages. It gets a little overwhelming sometimes.

Archived