Next year's Doggie Doings?

I might be up for that...I have two pups of my parents who are short-haired and need something for the colder weather...only issue is one is teeny tiny and the other is an 80 + pound lap dog and it's hard to find a pattern that I can make for both of them! Let me know what you come up with for a pattern and I'll check it out to see if it would work for my girls!!

Jessie

Actually, I need to make a sweater for a Doberman (who lives an hour away) and have started 3 different times with 3 different patterns..... I would be very interested in joining this CAL.... How come there are only small dog sweater patterns? Do people think that big short-haired dogs don't get cold????? <sigh>

Tina

I would guess that we could all find a pattern that works for what we need. It has been my experience that you can't just make a pattern bigger to go from a Chi to a Rot. There is more to it than that.

does anyone have a pattern to recommend?

Does anyone have a pattern they have devised and would share?

I would guess that we could all find a pattern that works for what we need. It has been my experience that you can't just make a pattern bigger to go from a Chi to a Rot. There is more to it than that.

does anyone have a pattern to recommend?

Does anyone have a pattern they have devised and would share?

Here's a link to someone who makes dog sweaters (specifically, sighthounds, I think), perhaps she would be willing to share a pattern?? I don't know, but it might be worth a shot.

http://www.aandboriginals.com/index.html

Oh, I have both teeny tiny and big dogs to make for...my little "sisters" LOL!! One is a teacup maltese (she's about the size of a 1 liter bottle LOL), the other is a rottie/dobie mix...she's a big girl, but a short hair! And my mom has volenteered me to make something for a friends mini chihuahua too (I didn't even KNOW they came in MINI sizes LOL!!) so....I wouldn't mind doing more than one pattern actually, I could get the girls' sweaters to match by using the same yarn instead of the same pattern....I'm also looking for something like a bandana that I can make for the eldest of my little sisters...she's a long hair and hates to wear coats, but she loves accessories and I have to make her something too...she loves bandanas, so I was thinking something along those lines for her...

When would this get started??? I'm going to bookmark the thread now, just in case!!

Jessie

I was thinking that we could begin around January 2nd so that all the holidays will be past and the tummies will be back to normal :wlol

I wanted to start the discussion now so people could find a pattern or whatever and be ready to go in the new year. i am pleased that we have some interest in this. It is nice to have others to help and support some new ventures.

I just made this pattern for my 70+ pound lap dog as well...it is super easy to modify using different hooks and yarn...easy to work up, too! You can see a pic in the miscelaneous show and tell thread under "doggy sweater"

pattern:

http://www.bernat.com/data/pattern/pdf/instruction_194.pdf

pic of my pup:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38937&highlight=doggy+sweater

:)

Archived