Cupcake Purse Pattern!

Tapanga

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Help please!!!!!!!!! I made one of these last nite and for some reason I am having trouble with the straps. Once I get them woven in they are not drawing the top of the purse together right. Maybe I am weaving them in wrong? I wove one in going to the left and then wove the other one in going to the right, and with both sides I went completely around the purse. Is that right? or do I just go half way to the right and then halfway to the left? I am so confused right now :lol:D:think. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hmmm....think horseshoes... One with the opening on the left and one with the opening on the right. When pulled they apply pressure to opposite sides of the purse. Does that help at all? If not, could you maybe take some pictures and I can see what happened?

Thank you so much for your help!! I will try again and maybe I will get it right :lol If not I will take pictures and see if you can assist me further. Once again, ty for the help and ty for sharing the pattern it was so much fun to make. Actually the first purse I have ever tried to make.

How adorable! Thanks for sharing the pattern! I'm going to make some of these for Christmas gifts this year!

• 2 weeks later...

Love the Cupcake. I am going to try it both ways now. Like the cupcake purse and the cupcake purse cradle. I found it on another site and she gives you all the credit for the original pattern and she said she adapted the pattern to make the cradle. these are so cute. I have to get busy. Did you ever get the pattern made for the change purse? Kanda

Love the Cupcake. I am going to try it both ways now. Like the cupcake purse and the cupcake purse cradle. I found it on another site and she gives you all the credit for the original pattern and she said she adapted the pattern to make the cradle. these are so cute. I have to get busy. Did you ever get the pattern made for the change purse? Kanda

The posting for the coin purse is here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39495

And I totally agree, the cradle purse is beyond cute!!!

:manyheartOh Tapanga!!!! I was so happily surprised to see you on today - I needed a lift and sure enough several here at the 'Ville have been on to give me one!!!

I may have shared these with you a while back when you so graciously shared your pattern with me but here are some pics of both the cupcakes - I have given several as gifts to little girly girls - along with the cradle purse.

My variation was to use fun fur for the frosting part and to put an empty 1 lb wonton soup plastic container in the bottom of the cupcake for stability when holding lots of goodies inside!!! :yay

Heres the pics ~ Thanks & Enjoy!

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/?action=view&current=ba147443.pbw

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/?action=view&current=4464e127.pbw

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/P0002138-1.jpg

I love the fuzzy 'frosting' Shuttlebuggy! And the idea to put a little container in the bottom is wonderful! I will be doing that on my next one. What kind of yarn did you use on the cupcake?

Hey there Tapanga!

I used Fancy Fur - it had little tiny multi colored mini pompoms mixed in with it that looked like sprinkles!

And I also used leftover skeins of fun fur from other projects for the multi colored one.

Thanks again for a great pattern! Glad you can use the container idea too! It helps when you pack it full of little goodies

;)

• 2 months later...

Thanks so much for sharing this pattern.:cheer I made it for my daughter's 4th bday this Sat and thought you like to see a pic, she is going to love :manyheart love it. I added a plastic canvas circle to inside bottom for stability and used pony beads for sprinkles!Thanks for Sharing.

100_5589.jpg?t=1217193492

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at the pattern right now, and no, I wouldn't think it too hard for a beginner. Of course, I haven't made it myself, but it looks quite simple! :hug

Tapanga, what is the license for this pattern? May I sell items made from it at my craft fair that is coming up?

First of all, please know that I am just learning how to crochet:clap....so here is my question.

I started the pattern and finished round 1...pretty sure I did that right.:hook

Now...round 2 says to chain 2 (got that) and I moved my stitch marker, 1 double crochet in same st(got that). Now, 2 dc in st around...does that mean to continue to double crochet around again or does it mean to do 2 double crochets in each st around?....the 2 part has me confused:think...thanks for your patience. I am determined.

Thanks In Advance,

Merry :)

First of all, please know that I am just learning how to crochet:clap....so here is my question.

I started the pattern and finished round 1...pretty sure I did that right.:hook

Now...round 2 says to chain 2 (got that) and I moved my stitch marker, 1 double crochet in same st(got that). Now, 2 dc in st around...does that mean to continue to double crochet around again or does it mean to do 2 double crochets in each st around?....the 2 part has me confused:think...thanks for your patience. I am determined.

Thanks In Advance,

Merry :)

Okay, yes, when it says 2 dc in st around, it means in every stitch around until you get back to the beginning, put 2 double crochets in each stitch. Does that make sense? :hug

Yes, it makes perfect sense! :cheerWhen I first learned to knit about 2 years ago (nothing like starting when you're 48), that was the most frustrating thing for me...understanding the patterns. So, I knew I was going to have to learn the same thing with crochet. I just LOVE all the beautiful crochet patterns...I just had to learn that too...LOL!

I am loving Crochetville! What a great resource! I have found such great videos to watch and I'm on my way!

Thanks so much! I'm going to forge ahead!

One last question before I continue. Should there be a little hole in the center of my ring...doesn't seem to be filled up with yarn...or should it be completely closed?

Thanks again:hug,

Merry :crocheting

Archived