Cedrich the Monkey

love2crochet

Here's my rendition of Cedrich the Monkey by roxycraft. My friend and I did a crochet-a-long at work during lunch. Mine is made from Caron SS and she used Sugars and Cream Cotton.

I made a few changes to the pattern. I accidentally made his head larger so I need to make the part surround his eyes larger. Also, I inc some sc on the outer edge of the ears to make them a little more open, and of course added a tale. It's a great pattern -- highly recommend!

cedrich.jpg

That is very cute!!! Good job. :cheer I know both of my kids would probably want one of them, even though my oldest is 11. He's had a small stuffed monkey ever since he's been in preschool. I'd love to give it a try. Do you know where I could find the pattern?

You can find the pattern at roxycraft.com.

I was thinking about making a pink one for my daughter. Also, I think Bernat makes a cotton yarn that is brown and beige mixed together for a "sock" monkey look. Also I have a suede yarn that is coppery. Hmmm. I better get busy!

I am lucky my friend at work crochets. She just started a few months ago, so she was a beginner and could work the pattern. We finished them up at home and after a few weeks, I brought mine in to show her and the funny thing was that she brought hers in too (we didn't plan that!!). If I can get her to take a photo, I will post it!

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments!

:manyheart

Archived