Anyone bought/seen Doris Chan's Amazing Crochet Lace?

EmEyeAaay

To those who feel there is not enough variety included, or who wish for more wearable garments, wait until book two, ETA Fall '07. It will feature everyday crochet garments, with fitting tips and sizing to at least 3XL. Enjoy and thanks to all.

Yours, Doris

Yay Doris!!! I can't wait!:manyheart

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got this book from the library the other day and I have to say it's one of the few crochet books that really hooked me (LOL) and I sat up until the wee hrs pouring over it! I really enjoyed the intro by the author and the patterns-whoa-awesome! These really are the most innovative I've seen in a long while IMO and I really am enjoying looking thru it.

The fact that she's working on another already is really exciting as well.

This is what new crochet is all about if you ask me-using basic stitches to make really beautiful things.

Hey Crochetville Community,

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY. The response to Amazing Crochet Lace has been so overwhelmingly positive. I want to thank everyone who purchased a copy and especially every intrepid crocheter who is making the designs already!

To those who feel there is not enough variety included, or who wish for more wearable garments, wait until book two, ETA Fall '07. Enjoy and thanks to all.

Yours, Doris

Another book coming next fall? :cheer I love the patterns in the first one, and can't wait to see what you come up with next!!!

Hey Crochetville Community,

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY. The response to Amazing Crochet Lace has been so overwhelmingly positive. I want to thank everyone who purchased a copy and especially every intrepid crocheter who is making the designs already!

To those who feel there is not enough variety included, or who wish for more wearable garments, wait until book two, ETA Fall '07. It will feature everyday crochet garments, with fitting tips and sizing to at least 3XL. Enjoy and thanks to all.

Yours, Doris

Doris,

I second the :welcome and the :nworthy :nworthy :nworthy . Your book is a breath of fresh air! Your work is awe inspiring and I can't wait to get started digging into some of the patterns in this book. I have made your Tahki Bell Sleeved pullover....see post here. I loved the style of this pullover so much that I have been on the lookout for awhile now for a book from you, as I knew you would have to be publishing something with such innovative work. Congratulations! Thanks so much for your contribution to the crochet community in showing how hip and trendy crochet can be! I can't wait to see your next book...especially since I am a 3x myself, and the patterns for my size are so hard to find!:D

Even better: For those of you who would like to see pictures from the book and read an interview with Doris, check out the "Crochet Insider" ezine (if you've never read it, check out the back interviews as there are lots of great stuff in there!):

http://www.crochetinsider.com/DorisChan.html

I absolutely love this book. I have already made 15 blue curacao shawls for gifts in just the last week and a half! I cannot wait til after the first of the year to start on other projects from here.

Wow, you work fast...! I hope to get on one of those next. I had a really hard time deciding what to make first; it was a battle between the curacao and the tea shawl!

Wish I could see Drew's pics but Photobucket is apparently blocked from work, lol... have to wait 'til later. <pout>

Why, you're most welcome! I'm glad you like it. Can you believe I didn't have time to look at it before I had to wrap it? Luckily, I now have this book out from the library. Everything is gorgeous. I may have to buy this for myself!

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Just started on the Sambuca jacket and I am loving it. I will probably be doing this in various colours as well as white. Next thing is to tackle Jewel from Doris' Everyday Crochet.

I so totally appreciate all who have posted about liking my books. I have just completed book three. WHOO-HOO!

The book introduces some traditional crochet techniques that are new to me. I was so excited over learning this stuff that I had to leap right in and play with designs.

The photography is done and everything looks SOOOO good. We are going for a gorgeous, classy, high-fashion appeal with this one.

At the moment we are still battling over the title. I think they are winning. Am working on edits and rewrites now. ETA for release is Spring 2010. Will give up more info as things progress.

Archived