It's Christmas... doilies

MimiFL

Love your christmas doily! I love how the touch of gold does to the doily.. wow! Love theat one trim with Gold!

and I have lots of gold thread~~~

I am working on a christmas doily right now. When I get this one done another one is in the works.

Looking forward to seeing yours, sunnywolfgar! :hook

I'm finishing up another vintage Christmas doily, then I'll have to start on the rose doily before I do anything else, as I have to mail that one overseas (and preferably before Christmas, seeing as it's a Christmas present).

Very lovely doilies! You nailed those color changes right on. It looks like that's how the pattern was supposed to be done because it just worked out so perfectly. I love them both. You've given me inspiriation to try some color changes on some of my favorite doily patterns to give them a whole new dimension. :manyheart

For the person who said they had trouble with snowflakes...I agree, I had trouble with snowflakes as well, however, I can do doilies and filet pretty well. So I do agree that snowflakes can be quit challenging and that you should not give up, just try a doily instead, you'll be amazed how easy it is once you get past that initial ring work.

Archived