Crochet Journal?

C.D.

Question

Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you journal for your crocheting?

Things like keeping track of things you want to make, things you have seen, or "anything I see, I can crochet".

Thanks in advance for answering

What a great idea! I should have done this years ago. Think of all the time I would have saved leafing though all those stacks of crochet books and magazines. I'm starting one right now, today!

Anita

I keep a blog here online, but I've always thought about keeping a hand-written crochet journal for my projects, ideas, and such. I'll have to find the "perfect" book for it, first, because I think it would be a project in itself. :)

My crochet journal is my blog and binder where I keep my completed projects info and patterns. The blog is really nice because I can share my work with people all over the world who KNOWS what it is to crochet and appreciate my work.:hook:cheer So I'm happy with it. Also when I see some kind of information (web side adress from knitting magazine in the store) that I'd like to check or remember, I keep a small notebook to write it into

I was gonna start one and then I said nahhh! Id like to my aunt did and recently she gave me it all and it was so awesome to see what she made and her own patterns plus her thoughts and sometimes a little talk with God shows up. Id really need some one to be on me to keep it updated. I give hand made gifts at christmas and thats a good idea to journal maybe Ill have to reconsider this ideaI do howeve r keep track of what I donate and to who so thats sort of a journal

i think i may have answered this thread already but i'm gonna do it again LOL. i love to write, and i used to keep a journal religiously, but now i don't have so much time to thoroughly write everything down. now i have notebooks taht i fill with ideas and pattern drafts and selling ideas etc etc, there's no organization whatsoever lol and if someone else looked at it they'd think i was nuts. but i have to write stuff down the minute i think of it, otherwise i'll forget.

I just finished updating my journal. It's just a little spiral notebook (fits in the pocket of my bathrobe). Open it one way for a total inventory of my supplies and tools, flip it and open it backwards for notes and materials lists on most of the projects on my wishlist. Now I can refer back and forth to see what I CAN do, or what I still need to purchase. Directly in the middle of the fat little book are notes on WIP, problems, yarn sub.s, pattern tweaks...

I actually have 2 books. I also scrapbook so I have a scrapbook of completed projects - on page has a photo of finished project and adjoining page has a sample of the yarn(s) used, a copy of the pattern and one of the yarn labels. Then I keep a 3 ring binder with patterns I want to make in the future. They are separated with index tabs (ex: Purses, scarves, afghans, etc).

I have an online craft journal. All my links and patterns as well as scrapbooking and other crafty things go in there. That way it's in one place and I can access it from anywhere.

I've been trying to decide how to keep up with WIPs, WIMs, FO's and UFO's for years! I'm thinking for me my blog is the best place. That way I can't lose it :P

sara

I've tried to keep a crochet journal, but then everything gets so busy and I forget to update it! I'd like to start a scrapbook with pockets on the pages (for the pattern) a picture of the finished project, little clips of the yarn, write down the colors, and also have a label of the yarn (care instructions and all). I just need to get this going! Hopefully over the summer I'll have time!

i use a journal book that i keep by my crochet chair. on the right-hand page i keep a log of my projects -

i title it with the name of the pattern.

then include where the pattern is found, i.e., Crochet! Magazine, page 34, wave afghan; or 'printed from computer, Lion Brand, easy wrap'.

next i put the yarn, what type, how much i have in skeins and yardage per skein

next i mark the exact hook, 'Boye F' or 'bamboo G' or 'Jimbo G+'

then i put the size i'm working it in

finally any adjustments etc.

it really helps when i pick up something i haven't worked on in a while and i don't have to try to remember what hook or where the pattern is:hook

I have a journal program for my pocket pc that I keep all my craft info on. If I'm out and see something interesting I use the record function and transcribe it later when it's convenient. I truly could not run my life without my pda - I use it for GPS, music, audible books, budgeting, scheduling, contact info, reference info for my job, the occasional internet access ..... EVERYTHING!

Paulette, WOW you are soooooo organized. Can you come to my house and keep track of all my projects? I am such a "slacker" when it comes to journaling my many crafting endeavors. It surely would be a tremendous help if I could STICK to a method of tracking and recording. I have started journals many times, but don't seem to stick with it.

I have a online journal that I keep all my progress from my crocheting to sewing and my latch hooking work. I also keep a notebook where I keep track of all my projects that I am working on I tend to work on more then one project and have to keep a notebook saying which crochet hook and stitches so then when I go back I would know. Haven't yet to write down patterns as I go. I mainly do my own and go from there but, yet to write any down. I keep my WIP check list on my online journal. I also have another notebook where I cut out or print out pictures of things I would like to make in the furture and I put all those in my notebook. :)

In addition to my blog, I keep a "hardcopy" journal of every project I work on. I use a 7"x10" spiral-bound, acid-free sketch book and scrapbooking supplies (acid-free photo tape, markers, etc.) so it will last! I write down the names of the patterns and where I found them, when and for whom I made them, and what yarn and hook size I used. I always include little photos of the projects and snippets of the yarn, as well.

I also like to record adjustments I made to the pattern and what my experiences were with it (like if some part of it was confusing, interesting, or difficult, or even just what was going on in my life at the time!). If I design something myself, I like to write down what inspired me, what my trial-and-error process was (like why I ended up choosing a certain stitch or yarn), that kind of thing, along with the final pattern and any necessary diagrams.

No, but I have always thought I would like to. Many times, I've been thumbing through a book and seen a pattern that I had forgotten about. If I had a journal, all those "want-tos" would be in one place, huh? :-)

I've tried to keep track of what yarns, patterns and notions I already have, though, just so I won't buy duplicates. This site, http://www.librarything.com, is good for keeping up with hardback pattern books.

I do actually!

I have a link on my signature and other than the online journal I keep a word document as well as back up.

I am thinking about transferring it onto a written form in a book of some kind but that might have to wait till I graduate in Dec. :)

Archived