How many "To-Go" bags of projects do you keep handy?

Gran

I finally organized my most pressing WIPs in travel bags, so I can grab a bag and the whole project is handy: skeins, pattern notes, hooks, needles, etc. --all in each bag. It's quite a nifty system for me.

I've got about five bags going. So I can just pick the bag I want and start to work or take it to the car, knowing it's all there and ready!

How many bags have you got handy? Or do you have a different To-Go system?

I only have one to-go project and I'm almost finished with it. My other 4 projects are too big (2 wraps, a bag attached to 2 good sized skiens, and a knitting project that is attached to 2 large skiens) so they don't travel well in my bookbag. I guess that means I'm going to have to start a new project soon.:lol

This is an interesting concept thankyou gran i might have to try your idea then tell you how many bags i got going!!! im not sure I have enough H hooks though LOL!!! might have to go pick up 3 or 4 more of them as H is my faveorite hook!

I have so many WIPs at the moment and most are too big to carry in my class bag. But, since I'm doing the Monet ghan now, I might just carry that with me to classes this week.

Right now I'm knitting a sweater, and I'm doing increases for the sleeves, so I can't really take it along anywhere, unless I want to use my row counter that makes an annoying beeping noise every time you hit it :lol . Also, I find knitting requires much more of my attention than crocheting (which I could probably do in my sleep). I do have my Project Linus blanket as a take-along, though.

I have three bags (small, medium and large) that are readily available to throw whatever project I am working on, into to take along with me. I always try to take my crocheting with me whenever I leave the house, because I never know how long I could be away. I do have a few ziplocks with appropriate yarn and patterns stored in them (ususally gifts for our local women's shelter), just in case I am transitioning from one project to another and need something to take with me in the interim .

I have approximately 5 at all times ready to go. I just can't keep on one project. I must, must have several projects at one time. My list of WIPs in way beyond normal:lol. I just can't help it... I am addicted to starting projects and eventually I finish them too! :lol

• 1 month later...

I just have one bag that is big enough for a crochet kit(all size hooks,tape measure,needles,scissors,safety pins)plus 3-4 partial skeins of yarn.I just make basic crowns for hats & decided the edging style later on.I just want something simple with no thought or pattern to follow to fill time.I don't use it very often.

I try to have like 2 or 3 things to go . I need something to work on when I have to go to all the Doctor's offiice visits I have to go to all the time:lol :lol

I cannot sit down and just fold my hands and sit there.:lolpinkroses

I have one take along WIP bag that is always packed and ready to go in my car. It consists of Cotton yarn and hook. It is my dishcloth bag. I find it the easiest to take because there is no thinking or pattern involved (for me anyway). That way I can sit and and make those ever so useful dishcloths any place, any time.

I presently have 5 WIP with 3 bags ready to go when I travel or at the doctors also. I pray that i can finish one of them by the new year, now that the cast is off of my wrist and I start PT next week.

I currently have two. One is for baby afghans I am doing for the hospital and the other has my snowflake afghan. I will starting anouther on Monday to keep at work so I can work on Christmas present on my lunch break.

Archived