Soft and Comfie Shawl

theworm

My friend's grandmother is in the hospital with a broken leg, and I wanted to make something for her. She's up north in snow country, so I thought a shawl would be appropriate. I started to make this pattern from Lion Brand, but I must have done something wrong because I just didn't like the way the triangle was shaping - it was too pointy. I frogged it and used the same stitch pattern to make a rectangular wrap. Then I used 2 rows of sc in a complimentary color along the bottom edge to finish it off. It's really soft and warm.

When I packed it up to mail it, I realized (to my horror) that I must have added stitches because it didn't fold "square" but it's soft and it looked good, so I sent it anyway. It bothers me a lot that it's not quite "right", but honestly, I don't think Grandma will notice or mind.

277269075_3dcd9f3f05_m.jpg277269069_977608a678_m.jpg

Those extra stitches will just add to the warmth and cuddliness of the shawl :) I'm sure Grandma will be very happy with her shawl - you've made a very thoughtful gift!

-- Michelle

Thanks everyone!

The goofs aren't obvious. I didn't notice them until I tried to fold it and realized that one side was about four inches longer than the other! :blush

I got an e-mail from my friend today. He said that Grandma was being stubborn and didn't want to do her rehab exercises. Then he brought her the shawl and she wanted to show it off and went straight to the gym. I guess four extra inches doesn't matter if it got her up and moving. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived