Scarf from the new Paton's SWS yarn

JCB

WOW! That is gorgeous! I love the colors...now to be dense-what does SWS mean? I want some whatever it is! ;)

I think it stands for Soy-Wool-Stripes. I've been getting mine at Michael's with the 40% off coupons.

Joan

that is a beautiful scarf!! what pattern did you use.

Thanks! No real pattern. It is done in the Solomon's Knot and I just went back and forth lengthwise until it looked wide enough. Added fringe.

Joan

Thanks! No real pattern. It is done in the Solomon's Knot and I just went back and forth lengthwise until it looked wide enough. Added fringe.

Joan

Oh, there is that blasted Solomon's Knot again. People like you are going to break my resistance with beautifully made scarfs and shawls so I will have to learn how to do this knot. :lol

Seriously, it's a very pretty scarf. :clap

That's beautiful! I bought some SWS in the natural plum and am making a felted bag with it; i went back and bought 5 skeins of the natural earth. It does work up so nicely and is very soft. I wouldn't mind making myself a scarf with it, but from working on my bag, I think it might get fuzzy and scratchy with wear---what do you think about how it will wear?

Nicole

Thanks everyone for your kind words!

That is the perfect stitch for a yarn I bought that don't know what to do with it...where can I find out how to do that stitch?

Beautiful!!!

Here is a tutorial on the Solomon's Knot stitch... aka Love Knot. Be sure to watch the video... it clearly shows how simple this stitch is to do:

http://www.nexstitch.com/v_solomons_knot.html

Joan

Archived