I need help finding a crochet pattern that is cow-ish

faithpa76

Question

No, I haven't suddenly gone off the deep end. I'm looking for something I can make for the owner of teh house we stayed in when dh and I had our romantic little vacation alone in December. I have a thank you note, but I would like to put it with a little gift to make it more personal, kwim?

Anyway ... it is a cozy house up in rural Vermont. You walk in and it's like you just relax, flop on a couch or chair and prop your feet right up. The wife collects cows in any size, shape or form ... I was thinking a pillow, maybe ... even a cow-like pattern (not necessarily an actual cow, but like a black and white cow print, does that make sense?). Nothing too big (she'd be upset).

Any ideas? I am doing a little bit of looking online but if anyone has any suggestions, or knows of a pattern, it would really help.

14 answers to this question

Oh that is CUTE! Problem is, it would only work for Mrs. L, and I need a gift that I can at least pretend is for both her and her hubby, lol.

I saw a couple of things looking - there was a cow doorstop that looked like something I could do, but it looks like a cross between a cow and a rabbit to me.

I though perhaps a decorative potholder but am not finding anything ... and the cute stuff I'm seeing is already made with no pattern in sight.

Tiffany,

Thanks for posting that ADORABLE toaster cover! I am going to town tomorrow and gonna work on it right away! How CUTE! I have my kitchen done in farm animals (live in an old farm house, so it fit right in!) she will look GREAT on my countertop!

Heather

Okay...the movers are on their way but I could NOT resist coming to Crochetville, lol

Have you looked in the book "Candy Blankies" by Candi Jensen? There is an adorable cow patterned blanket in there. Maybe you could use a larger hook and make a small throw blanket for her?

Donna

Hi -

I've seen a cow pot holder - looks like the head of a cow - in my LYS. They have the pattern book for sale. Only problem is it's in German. If your interested I could buy it (several other cute patterns inside), photocopy it and translate. It would take a week though.

have you thought about making a stuffed cow? crochet worl has a pattern for a stuffed cow called a pottie peaker. i have the pattern and can e-mail them and ask them if it is alright to give to you. i think it would be cause in the mag they have a section just fro people sharing patterns and stuff. let me know and i will e-mail them about it. let me know your e-mail in my addy here (inbox). vick:wink

OK I have not posted in a long time and I found this and its so cool that I have found stuff that I can make I love it all I am going to start making it all soon. I have a few more things that I need to get finished first and then its off to make me some cow stuff. The cow slippers is the first thing that I will try and make first. If anybody finds more cow stuff let me know I am on a Quest for the Little Yarn Cow

Archived