BUTTERFLY BOOKMARK, PLEAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Sharon

Question

17 answers to this question

I just made one of these for my Swap partner (be on the lookout Kari, I know you already have one but I couldn't resist) and have to say how easy it was to do. Instead of wire tho, I used a silver pipe cleaner (you'll have to wait to see it until Kari gets it). I'm almost tempted to keep it....NAH...I'll just have to make another for myself and post it. LOL. Really love this butterfly! It's gorgeous. :knit

I have made these for years, they are so simple and you can make them as big as you want and use what ever you want to make them, all turn out great. I make them into hair ties for my granddaughter, many different ways to attach them, again all so simple, she gets so many compliments at school.

I had no idea that it was you who made that until now. I wanted to thank you for it. I love it so much.

:hug Thank you!!!!!

Thank you for sharing the pattern site and your pattern for the bottom. I made a practice one to see if I could do it before I made my Mom's and it turned out not to shabby! You have made quite an impact with the bookmarks you make! They are beautiful! Keep up the good work.:)h

Thank you so much for all of the compliments for the Butterfly bookmarks that I made. :hug They are a lot of fun and I know you will enjoy making them too.:)

I used this butterfly

www.angelfire.com/wv/happ...maryg.html

(the one on the right)

I added some tiny beads on the wire to give her some sparkle.

Once you make the butterfly, make 3 (ch3) spaces evenly spaced across the bottom. To make the bookmark part, you can use a mile a minute pattern or maybe a little shell pattern. I used 2dc ch2 2dc in each ch3 loop for the first row and then in each ch2 space for the remaining rows, for 25 rows.

I used Size 10 thread and a size 7 hook.

Have Fun and Enjoy!

Coralie

:))

Archived