Blue Fairy Doll

Starr

Hi there, I am a newbie here, but I thought, since I found this forum, that I could share my little fairy.

She is made of size 10 crochet cotton with embroidery floss hair and stands about 3 inches tall...

Faerie.jpg

I'm sorry that the pic isn't the best, but I only have a camera phone right now and the lighting in my house isn't the greatest either.

VERY adorable. I suppose your fairy could have starched wings if she were 'that' kind of fairy, but I think that she looks like she's rather independent-minded, to wit, non-starched wings are perfect for her.

Is the pattern yours? I'd love to make some.

-Cathy

Thank you everyone, I am rather proud of her :hook

VERY adorable. I suppose your fairy could have starched wings if she were 'that' kind of fairy, but I think that she looks like she's rather independent-minded, to wit, non-starched wings are perfect for her.

Is the pattern yours? I'd love to make some.

-Cathy

Hi Cathy, Thank you LOL She does look rather independant-minded, doesn't she :lol

About her pattern, her body was actually from a Leisure Arts book and the pattern was called "Birthday Fairy" But I didn't like the dress, wings and hair. So, I made that body, which seemed to be a rather basic doll body, but with a few revisions of my own and I designed the rest.

Very cute...I'd love the pattern, if you're sharing...

Whoops, didn't finish reading the thread--thought it was all your own design...now I know it's "mostly" your own--just the body really, came from L.A. ;) ...I like your adaptation of the pattern...it turned out well

Thank you everyone :D

If anyone is interested, the L.A. book that I got her body from is In Love with Crochet And the project is titled Birthday Fairy on page 52. I used the body, panties and dress yoke (no sleeves), but the way the I did the dress was completely different. The wings are my own design and I did her hair completely different too.

On their instructions, they used sport weight yarn with steel hook size 6 (1.80mm) on the body and I use size 10 cotton with a size 7 (1.65mm) on the body but I used a 6 on the rest. I am willing to share the parts that are mine though, if that is ok, that is... :D

Archived