Krystal's Charity Daisy Square

theworm

Krystal is amazing. I can't even imagine how somebody would go about designing this square and putting it in writing so that I could follow it, but she did. This square is so so pretty, and I'm thrilled that I was able to make it. It's probably the most complex square that I've ever made, but I was able to follow thie instructions and I think its beautiful!

This one will be going to Krystal for her charity work, but I hope to make more for some charity afghans that I'm working on.

252838473_763c09b315_m.jpgThe colors look sort of bold here, but its a very pale yellow center with peach petals and a lavender edge.

Krystal - I hope the colors will work for you.

Thanks for sharing this pattern and letting me add to your project.

it's absolutely gorgeous! i can see a whole ghan in those colours with a minty green trimming. I love it!!

:think

Oops! I just noticed that my daisy has 9 petals and it's only supposed to have 8! I have no idea where I went wrong or how the heck I got it to be square. :P Next time I'll have to count more carefully!

Thanks!

I made another last night! I used thicker yarn and went up 2 hook sizes and it is exactly 8". The pattern was very quick the second time, and I LOVE it. I'm not thrilled with the colors I chose - I didn't have many yarns that worked well together, and its very very dark, but its right! I'll be making several more of these - for both Krystal and my own charity blankets. :)

I love the pattern!

I just made a third! This pattern is FUN!

I've noticed that in the last 2 squares, I'm doing much better, but that I've made the same mistake in both. At the starting poing of row......I'm not sure, I have the petal cover over the background. I was conscious of it on the last one, and still made that mistake but didn't notice either until I finished. I'm still using them, but I need to figure this out.

I'll post photos of these two tonight. Maybe Krystal can figure out what my problem is. :)

here are the 2nd and 3rd

254453924_6ffcecf08f_m.jpg

I like the bright one - the dark one gets lost on the black background.

You can't see it on the dark one, but I made the same mistake on both. You can see on the orange where the orange goes over the white.

It *is* a bit of a trick to work the chains behind the petal and the white in front of the chains from the petals...

I think it might help to envision that after the first ch-3 of the background, you must make sure the next one gets in front of the petal's chains. Then when you're chaining for the background, flip the petals forward as you work. I know I'm not explaining this all very well.... I have to work on another project to hopefully get it finished, but when I get a moment tomorrow I'll take pictures and post instructions what I mean....

But you've only got 8 petals! That's looking up in the world! :D :hugs THanks for doing this, worm!

Thanks! I can't take any credit - Krystal's design in amazing. What's even more cool is that a few days before Krystal posted her design, I got it into my head to make a flower cap. I had NO idea how to get started. Now it's easy. I used Krystal's pattern and I think its a really cool cap for a little girl.

You can see pictures on my blog. :)

Archived