Anyone here in Georgia?

tcsgirl

Just found this site im from warner robins ga

Welcome to this site! You're not too far away from some of us. What is your first name, or what you like people to call you, and I'll note it also on the list of all us Georgia peaches on the front page.

The first page of this thread has a list of everyone who has posted to this thread and indicates what city and county they are in so it will be very easy for you to see who is closest to you. Then you and someone else(s) can plan a little get-together or maybe one day we'll ALL plan a get-together in a central location...like the center of Georgia! :lol Wouldn't that be fun!

Hey, everyone, if any of you know anyone else here at C'ville that is in Georgia and they haven't posted in this thread, let them know about this thread and tell 'em to come on over and say "howdy!" :waving

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Welcome, Gretchen, Rebecca, and Tammie!

Gretchen, yes, you're included on this list as some of our neighbors there on the edge of SC might as well be in GA! And I mis-typed when I originally wrote that I was an hour EAST of Savannah! Thank you for catching that. Actually, I'm an hour NORTHWEST of Savannah, the other direction! Between Savannah and Atlanta, that is! :)

Rebecca, glad to see someone so close! We must get together sometime. Especially when I have the gas to travel down there and MONEY to spend in the yarn stores!

Tammie, so glad to have you, too! I'm a little familiar with Sylvester, GA as I grew up a bit in Camilla, GA, had a girlfriend who lived in Baconton and Sylvester was often a hot spot back in the late 70's/early 80's, when I was in 4th, 5th and 7th grade down there in Camilla (I was in California for 6th grade). Glad to "meet" you, neighbor!

• 2 weeks later...

Since my last post on October 31st, I see that more ladies have joined us here on this thread. Welcome!

Sharlene (BityBabyNurse), how exciting to see a fellow crocheter so close to me geographically. I'm sorry I haven't emailed sooner to say "Hi!" and to reply to you, but it's been crazy here. I'd love for us to get together sometime! The fact that you have 3 children and they are so close in age to my own (8, 5 and 29 months) makes me want us to get together (all of us!) that much sooner! :lol I visited your "Crochet Stuff" and couldn't really look at all your crochet stuff for noticing how cute your children are! :) You have a beautiful family.

Katt, good to see you here, too, even if BF had to "drag" you here. ;) Are you really that unwilling? :) Good luck on the job he was offered and I hope you like it here in Georgia. Where are you and BF coming from? A nearby state or a distance? Tell us more!

Tarheelcatlover (sorry that I don't know your given name), I have listed you on the first post here, too, in the event someone wants to meet up with you while you're visiting your MIL in Summerville. DH can help renovate his mother's house and you can go off and meet a crochet friend! And Summerville is in Chatooga County, GA. I only know 'cause I looked it up on the internet. ;)

Dianne, welcome! I'm with you in that I feel there must be some lurkers here at Crochetville. Surely there are many from Georgia on this board that perhaps just haven't seen this thread yet. Send 'em this way if you happen upon them. I love to see so many Georgians on this Crochetville board. :yes

And welcome, Donna! I now have you included, too, on the first post. And look! There's a fellow crocheter already here who is also in Warner Robins! Meet up and make it a crochet, chit-chat party! Then tell us all about it! :) Everyone loves to hear how crocheters get to meet each other.

On the first post, the User Names in blue represent a blog or website. If any of you have a blog or website you'd like to share with us, make a post and let us know and I'll update the first post with it. Then we can visit each other's blogworld by simply clicking on the blue hyperlinks. I went to visit your blog, Sharlene, but looks like I have to let you know that I want to be a "friend" to view it. Can I be your friend? :)

Talk with you all later!

Funny story, the other crocheter in WR is a friend of mine. We've been friends for 6 months. LOL She doesn't get on here as much as me (I have to come on many times a day :blush ) but we've already been getting together. Although I'm wondering why I had to find you guys in a search :think:lol

LOL...Nah he didn't really have to drag me. I just like teasing him about it. We moved here from Spartanburg SC so it wasn't that much of a move but I'm glad we did move here. I was getting bored of SC and love it here in GA. Just hoping we can find a place of our own soon. Staying in a hotel for almost 6 weeks now is driving me a little crazy. Mainly cause I don't have room for all my yarns and things here.

I just had to tell someone the good news! We're moving out of the hotel finally!!!!!!!! We found a house in Winder and should be moving this coming weekend! :clap I am so happy. I thought it was gonna take forever to get out of this hotel. I'm so glad my kids wont have to spend Christmas in the hotel!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Katt, congratulations on the move! So are ya'll all moved in now? I know that you must be glad to be out of the hotel. Now you have a place for your yarn!

Linda T., welcome! I know where Cumming is! My aunt lives there with her two girls and my family used to live a bit further north in Dahlonega until 2001 when we moved down here to Central Georgia. :) Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Hugs!

Karla

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, I live near Royston, Ga...Franklin County which is in Northeast Georgia.

Welcome, Lynn! I hope that you are enjoying it here at Crochetville! I know where Royston is. I have passed through there several times. :) Good to have another Georgia Peach at Crochetville! :hug

• 1 month later...
I'm from Lilburn Georgia in Gwinnett county, but I go to school in Statesboro.

Welcome, Laura! So good to see you here. And how awesome that we're "neighbors"! You're in Statesboro and I'm 30 minutes away in Metter!

:) And I lived in Lilburn before I moved to Gainesville and met my husband back in 1986. My family and I technically had a Lawrenceville address but we lived right off Pleasant Hill Road and Club Drive around the corner from Berkmar High School (where I graduated) which had a Lilburn address!

Is this your first year in Statesboro? Are you going to Georgia Southern University or to Ogeechee Tech or another school? My brother and his wife were at Georgia Southern and graduated 2 years ago. They live in Acworth now. They married after he graduated...the DAY AFTER!

:lol It's a source of humor to me that he did what mom and dad wanted him to do...wait until after graduation to marry...but waited NO LONGER than he had to. He graduated on Friday and they married on Saturday. Of course, he did say that they did that because all their family was together for the graduation, so they wanted to get the wedding in, too, before everyone traveled home. ;) Ok. That sounds likely, too.

Good to have you here! Have fun! A lot of us here knit, too, or are learning, so you're in good company. I learned back in 1998. Right now I'm working on a facecloth with a heart patterned in the center....I made one for a friend in a dishcloth/stitchmarker swap I'm in, but because of the thinner cotton I used (not worsted weight like the pattern called for) I felt it made a better facecloth than a dishcloth, though it certainly could be used as a dishcloth. But I noticed an error in my cloth, so I want to work it again and see if I can do it better. Then I'm going to give it to my 5 year old daughter who wanted me to make her a cloth in a purple color...this one is TLC's Cotton Plus in a lavender shade.

Hope to hear more from you here at Crochetville!

Hugs!

Hello everyone, I am here in Lavonia, Ga. {Franklin County}. About 1/2 hour from Royston, Carnesville, and Tacoa, and approximately 11 miles west of South Carolina's city, Anderson. Which puts me about 2 hours east of Atlanta and 8 hours north of my home town Savannah.

I just put up a request for testers for my bootie collection...I hope some of you will sign on. God bless.

I've just been asked, what it would take for me to move back to Savannah. I do believe if I had some new friends with a common ground on crafting, it would sure help. As I'm disabled and unable to work at this time. But am looking for something. I'm also single again since having a heart attack in 2004; and hopeing to make lots of friends to share hobbies with.

Archived