Anyone here in Georgia?

tcsgirl

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey all-- jsut curious... we're entertaining the idea of moving to the Atlanta area (cheaper housing, slower life etc) but am looking for some insight...how's the job market in that area?

Job market is good. Traffic is horrible. Public transportation stinks.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Karla for pointing me this way...AND for the words of encouragement on my blog! :)

I'm on the southeast GA coastline in the little town of St Mary's (think Kings Bay Submarine Base). We're about 5 mins north of the ga/fl stateline so I"m close to the floridians as well.

Hi, Sam! Good to see your post here!

And Hi, Gran! Which county are you in? I was updating the first page, showing where everyone is, but "NE Atlanta" could be several counties, right? :) Let me know and I'll update the 1st page. As it stands, I just put Fulton County.

Hugs!:hug

I'm not in Fulton. I'm in Cobb. :)

Thank you, Empress, for that correction. :) Yes, Atlanta is a big city and envelopes several counties, not just Fulton. This helps! Thank you!

BTW, a lot of my Kelley/Kelly family/ancestors were in Cobb County (Marietta). My grandparents are buried out in Mountain View Cemetery. My brother and his new wife live in Marietta, too! :)

Thank you also, Gran, and Sam, too!

Welcome, Brandy! I've added you to the list. My parents live in Loganville! Next time I'm up that way, maybe we can meet up! :)

Maybe we can meet up someday! :hug

Hello - I just joined today and saw this thread! I'm in Duluth (north east Atlanta). My roommate has a bunch of friends that knit and I go to their Stitch'n B* sometimes, but they dont crochet.

Julie B

Hi, Julie!

Welcome to Crochetville! I think there are quite a few Georgia Peaches here!

I used to live in Duluth, last year of high school. Well, actually my address was "Lilburn" but it was right off Pleasanthill Road. We were right on the "edge". I graduated from Berkmar High School in 1986.

Great to have you here. I hope you enjoy C'ville! :)

Hello - I just joined today and saw this thread! I'm in Duluth (north east Atlanta). My roommate has a bunch of friends that knit and I go to their Stitch'n B* sometimes, but they dont crochet.

Julie B

Hey ya'll!!:D I'm in Henry County...a.k.a. "Hooterville" LOL;) That's about 30 min. South of Atlanta. Show those knittin' gals some of our crochet goodies, and let them know how gorgeous crochet can be:hook

Hey ya'll!!:D I'm in Henry County...a.k.a. "Hooterville" LOL;) That's about 30 min. South of Atlanta. Show those knittin' gals some of our crochet goodies, and let them know how gorgeous crochet can be:hook

Hi, CroshayQueen! I'm going to put you on the list on the first page. What city in Henry County do you live? And do you want me to include your real name in the list on the first page (I need to know it if so). Of course, we could just call you "CroshayQueen"...every woman should be treated like a queen and I guess it can begin by calling ourselves Queen! :)

Good to see you here!:hug

• 1 month later...
Cleveland, White County here. Way up in the mountains:D

Hi, CherryBlossom! So glad to hear from you! I know where Cleveland is. We used to live in Dahlonega! :) Sure miss North Georgia.

What is your given name, and I'll add it to our first page here in this forum with the others.

Glad to meet you!

Hi, CherryBlossom! So glad to hear from you! I know where Cleveland is. We used to live in Dahlonega! :) Sure miss North Georgia.

What is your given name, and I'll add it to our first page here in this forum with the others.

Glad to meet you!

Given name: Robyn

Thanks for adding me to the list. It sure does seem like a small world..or at least a small Georgia! LOl. I love going to the country store in Dahlonega. When I was still in FL, I had to get my favorite jam the hard way, by internet order!! Now, I can once again go get a 5 cent cup of coffee and my jar of jam!!

robyn in GA:hook

Kelly here in Manchester, GA

Kelly, I have one question? I noticed you are doing a yo-yo afghan. How in the world do you keep up with them? LOL

robyn in GA

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived