Halloween CAL (afghans or decorations)

Ga_Rebel

I bought this pattern a little while ago, but haven't gotten around to doing it. I have way too many things going on right now, otherwise I'd join in (I'm hopefully going to start on a comfortghan for my hometown. They just had a flood on labor day and it's now considered a disaster area by the state, so I want to do something for them).

Jackolantern basket pattern is this one:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/we2/daintypumpkincontainer.html

There is an error in the pattern, but I think you can figure it out! :D

Rounds 4-7 it says you should have 24 dc. I just repeated round 3 for rounds 4-7 (36 dc) to build up the middle of the pumpkin and then I did a round 8 (which the pattern doesn't call for) where I decreased every 4th dc i think to get 24 dc. fastened off and then did the handle a tad bit longer than what it called for too.

I've done these two items already. I also did a pumpkin with a handle. I need to make about 10 of the little jackolanterns with the lid for my office.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/yarnlover66/Crochet%20Projects/halloween2006.jpg

So I guess I can join in. :D

SOOOO cute!! Where do I get the patterns? Is the ghost a glass/can cosy? Ellie13 :think

So how is everyone doing on their Halloween CAL??? I found a ton of patterns on the net and have them in a folder for some things to do when things slow down. I'm just about ready to finish my stuff up. Wish I can figure out how to post pics some things are just tooo cute

Supafreak, I don't know about anyone else but I'd LOVE to see it. Eventhough crochet is my passion:hook I still appreciate other crafts, and sometimes get idea's from them. I also paint when I need a break from holding yarn.

hugs, Sunrisedq

well, it is crocheted, and now finished. here it is. I used an old angora/cashmere sweater that i found at the goodwill and felted it, then cut it out to the shapes i needed. I crocheted the rest out of something by bernat, but i can't remember exactly what it was

http://static.flickr.com/110/252363545_1a4c8976e7.jpg?v=0

I have been dying to make something festive, mostly because I have had my eye on this crazy Fun Fetti for a couple of months and was just waiting for Halloween time, but I don't know WHAT to make from it!

Any thoughts? A wearable is more likely, though it'd make cute hair on a witch doll or something I bet :lol Something about it just *looked* Halloween, to me.

Edit, hmm. Trim around a bag perhaps.

That is so cute!:cheer

well, it is crocheted, and now finished. here it is. I used an old angora/cashmere sweater that i found at the goodwill and felted it, then cut it out to the shapes i needed. I crocheted the rest out of something by bernat, but i can't remember exactly what it was

http://static.flickr.com/110/252363545_1a4c8976e7.jpg?v=0

Finished my Halloween treat bags. I think they're cute.

th_100_FUJI-DSCF1009_DSCF1009.jpg

Now they're ready to fill with gift cards, Pop Rocks, etc. It takes a lot of imagination for college kids! Here's the recipe if you're interested. http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Seasonal/LC1383+Bag+of+Treats.htm

I've already decided they could be ad-libbed for Christmas and Easter just by changing the colors and applique's.

susan

• 3 weeks later...

I made several Halloween goodies and put pic's on my blog check em' out!! I also came up with many more ideas for next Halloween I will Probably work on those after Christmas is over. These have been so much fun to make.

:jack:skeleton :ghost Happy Halloween Ya'll:ghost :skeleton:jack

Hello Everyone! I hope it's not too late. I'm making mini jack-o-lanterns, approx. 3-4 inches deep for my 4 yr. olds pre-school class. I'm going to fill them with little surprises since they can't have candy in school. I will post a pic. of the one I have in progress later today, I still have to put the handle & face on it. I'll probably wait until after I get them all finished to put the faces on because i'm doing them in felt. Hopefully, this keeps me motivated to finish them. :cheer :cheer

• 1 year later...

Can I resserect this CAL? and joing? I didn't see another Halloween CAL ( I searched) that was newer. Halloween is coming soon and this CAL has some great ideas and links, so I don't see a reason to start a new one or could and link this one....

Not sure what to make or when I'll start but I'm seeing some things in the Show & Tell that look fun!

Debbi

Archived