Gorgeous Cardi

kjdfairy2

wow!!!!!!!! I love it. I think that with all of us here someone caqn figure out how to whip that up. I would love to make that. My Catie would love it.

I was thinking the same.:hook I love it, but definately couldn't afford the price.:( It's so girly and delicate.

That's really gorgeous. It looks as if a lot of time went into the design and the construction. It's probably not a matter of "whipping it up" but more a matter of dedication to a very long and involved project! :P

Wouldn't it be a bit crass to blatantly copy the design elements? Even if you wrote your own pattern for it? :think I thot "idea theft" was one of the big no no's here and one that got peoples rump between their shoulderblades.

Why not just email the seller and ask if she would be willing to sell the pattern for it? :yes

Wouldn't it be a bit crass to blatantly copy the design elements? Even if you wrote your own pattern for it? :think I thot "idea theft" was one of the big no no's here and one that got peoples rump between their shoulderblades.

Why not just email the seller and ask if she would be willing to sell the pattern for it? :yes

Yes, it would be rude to blatantly copy the design elements. However, what I do see on this site all the time is someone making up their own pattern and being inspired by such and such design.

Also, I have read that there are people that can just look at a completed project and make the same without a pattern. I am not one of those people. But does that make it wrong for them?

If you are making something for your own child or family, I don't see why gaining inspiration from another would be bad. Now, making it and selling it as your "own" design, that would be another story.

I just thought the the cardigan was beautiful, I've yet to see anything like it and thought some people here might enjoy seeing it as well. If anyone has been offended by this, then I'm sorry.

It is a beautiful cardigan and it looks professionally made. It is a very well crafted pattern. Anyone who could emulate it would have accomplished quite a feat.

I don't think it is crass or against copyright to see something and make it for yourself or as a gift. It is done all the time. (Fendi knock off anyone?) But don't feel bad for posting the link-I love it and I am sure many others do as well.

That is totally beautiful. I wish I had that pattern. I was looking at the dress thinking to myself-I could do that. Very simple construction. I don't think its wrong if you tried to make one for yourself similar to that. Some people do have the knack for just looking at a pic & knowing what to do. I'm not one of them DARN IT!!!

Gorgeous!!!! both the cardigan and the model!!!! I have seen a few of her 'creations' on ebay, they are always stunning, pricey, but beautiful. I would love to get my hands on some of the Egyptian cotton she uses. The item for sale is always photographed so beautifully, and usually the same gorgeous litttle girl is the model. I would love to get my mitts on some of her patterns as well.

It's a good idea to ask the seller if she would sell the pattern, as for copying the design elements, I think it would be unfair if you intended to sell it, but I don't think it would be unfair were it for private use only.

Well, I wrote her and asked if she had a pattern or had thought about writing one up. This was her response:

Hi,

Thank you so much for your sweet words and interest. I'm sorry, but I do not sell paterns, because, to be honest, I'm not a lover to write them and do not think they will enough clear and usable if I'll try to write them on my poor level of English ;) ... I'm so sorry, but I can't help with.

Thank you,

Alla

Oh, well. :( Too bad she doesn't have pattern. I just love the jacket.:manyheart

You know, give her time, she may sell them. About a year and a half ago I found this website that sound skirts, handbags, and these lovely crochet capelets. I fell in love with them! I wrote to her and she said she didn't sell her patterns. However, about 8 months after I wrote to her..she started selling them! Now she has added baby items as well..all crochet patterns :) You just never know..if you don't want to give it a whirl yourself..just bookmark it and come back again later.

Donna

That is precious! It is a pity that she doesn't have the pattern for sale...:( ...I never understood :think , from a business point of view, why any crocheter would think that other crocheters would spend big bucks buying what we could make ourselves....for this reason I think that the items themselves can be on sale for non crocheters, but the patterns should be available as well.....it would just mean more sales as far as I can figure it! :shrugPerhaps they are afraid that the items will be made and then resold?

• 2 weeks later...

It is pricey, even if it is done in Egyptian cotton. I don't think this one looks all that difficult, really. It appears to be a basic cardi pattern in perhaps a reverse sc; the bottom few inches of the cardi & sleeves appear to be a basic 3dc cluster. The scallop/fan embellishments are what makes it. Dunno about anyone else but I've used that edging on dozens of baby blanket. I will give her kudos, though, for setting in that zipper. I can't do that to save my dang life. I probably would have used a white/pink button at the neck just because I can't stand finishing work. Personally, I think Etaria's designs are far superior....her designs (to me) are about substance rather than embellishment. This woman is a fine crocheter, I'll give her that...but people like Etaria are artists.

Archived