Aussie DNA blanket - single bed size

Lawless

just a quick snap of a shot of my son's DNA blanket... I'm sorry about the size, but I've scanned it in & can't get it smaller without being blurrier...

DNABlanket.JPG

hope this uploads okay...

apologies in advance.

It's a gorgeous blanket! So colorful .....which is the way I like them. I admire all the work you put into this and you can be proud to show it off! :cheer :cheer :cheer

I was picturing the DNA diagrams on the crime shows.. & the bands of the dark colours were meant to be his "individual" DNA profile.. :)...

abstract thought - I know...... but I had already made a similar design but not in broken pattern, & wanted the colours to be as startling as I could make them.... and the darker colours dominated the design as I was crocheting...

its funny how they are almost insignificant in the picture... they shine a deep "electric royal purple" in real life...

He loves the blanket - he's 9 now & he's quite happy to take it with him on sleep overs whereas taking a "snuggly" in any other form would be embarrassing for him..I marketed the blanket to him as a "magic blanket" where all the colours came to dance & made a magic pattern which was only "his" & could never be repeated ... (which is true - the pattern can never be exactly repeated because its random)..

I'm a great believer in giving the kids masses of colour & encouraging them to have "riots of creation" around them..& to be outside of the square whenever possible...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived