I LOVE Hobby Lobby

kls7980

Yesterday I got to go to a Hobby Lobby for the first time. I live in a smaller town about 2 hours away from the nearest one. For any body that know Kentucky, I live in Richmond and Hobby Lobby is in Louisville. I walked in the door and fell in love with the place and I hadn't even gotten anywhere near the yarn section. I got back to where the yarn was and was in Heaven. I had never seen so many different kinds and colors ( I normally do all of my yarn shopping at Wal-Mart). Unfortunatly I was on a $20.00 budget, but I got 4 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver for $8.00, a size Q hook for $3.00, a double ended K for $3.00, a skein of simply soft for $1.27, and a afghan pamphlet for $3.49. After all of that I walked out of the store with $.41 in my pocket and the supplies for a christmas gift.

I'm already planning a return trip. hopefully with somemore money.

I've heard a lot of good things about Hobby Lobby, but I do not have one in my area......so I have to settle for the usual places, like; Joann, Michaels, and Walmart. You are so lucky that you got to make that trip....wish I could have come along.

I love HL too. I do many different crafts and I can always find what I need or want there. Their yarn selection is tremendous. And I wait for the sales, so I can even stock up more. The sales on hooks for 50% off are great!

I really enjoy going there. I probably spend too much money there, but it is just a great store.

And since our Michael's and JoAnn's moved out of town, HL gets all my business now.

Linda:manyheart

I like Hobby Lobby too, but you can't find everything there so I shop a lot at Joann's and Michael's, and sometimes find great yarn at Hancock fabrics, although they are better for fabrics and mostly have Lion brand. Compared to Wal Mart, Hobby Lobby is heavenly!

The thing I love most about HL is they *always* have something on sale, changing every week! :dance As you may have seen if you've viewed the website ad at all. The "Clearance" items aren't always so much of a deal, but if you were gonna buy it anyway it's nice to check that shelf first.

Thing I love about Michael's is the frequent appearance of real "Clearance" stuff.

Hancock just opened a store up near me so I was in yesterday. They did have a ton of Lion brand. They also had a ton of 1/2 price stuff. Some of it was not much of a deal (50 yd) but some of it was! :cheer

And AC Moore.. well, it's not nearly as cheap, but they have just about everything. :)

i love hobby lobby too! but we have one really nearby, prob 5 min. or less away. but like you, i tend to spend most if not all my money there. its quite awesome. especially when they have the 40% off coupons. :yay

Megan

The key there is remembering to have the coupon printed off the internet, and with you. :lol Yesterday I was out and about and passed a HL outside my usual area and had to stop to check the sales. And of course, I had no coupon with me! And of course, I had to buy something! Doh.

My closest HL is 50 miles away. I'm going to St. Joe tomorrow so maybe I'll get to stop. They have coupons online? Thanks for the info.

I also live in a small KY town with NO - NOT EVEN ONE - :no store that carries yarn. We do have a HL about 45 minutes away and I love it. Last night, I went to the Huntington WV mall (about 55 minutes away) and on the way home found an A.C. Moore's. Of course, we stopped. (My teenagers were protesting the entire time I was parking. Forced them to go in with me - after all I had to go to the mall with them. :D ) I LOVED IT. :c9 They had mill ends of Homespun for $5/lb and I had to stop myself from going overboard. BTW-both teenagers came out with more stuff than I did - they loaded up on art supplies. We wound up being the last people in the store!!!!

I've found that Hobby Lobby has more selection than the Michaels store nearby (they're within a 5 min. drive of each other!) but their selection just consists of crazy fun fur stuff that I would never use. Michael's tends to have more "regular" yarn that I like to use and has bigger sales! Hobby Lobby does have better free patterns though, so every time I go there, I stock up on patterns. And is it just me or is 5 HL and 6 Michaels stores in a 20 mile radius a bit crazy? I guess people in my city like their craft hobbies... I shouldn't complain though because each store has such a different wide variety of yarns!

Shameless plug. I work part time at HL. :devil

About 10-15 hours a week. Of course, I love their yarn selection. :D

However, yarn is not nearly the biggest seller at HL. I'd say the biggest seller is scrapbooking and beads. Picture frames are big also, but they're always on sale. Home Decor is big too when that's on sale.

But yarn...it makes up only a small percentage of the sales.

As for 40% coupons...usually every other week. Probably next week.

And is it just me or is 5 HL and 6 Michaels stores in a 20 mile radius a bit crazy? I guess people in my city like their craft hobbies... I shouldn't complain though because each store has such a different wide variety of yarns!

Ankey, you live in Austin. I know that's not too terribly far from the HL corporate HQ (Oklahoma City), and I think Michaels' HQ is in Texas.

Yesterday I got to go to a Hobby Lobby for the first time. I live in a smaller town about 2 hours away from the nearest one. For any body that know Kentucky, I live in Richmond and Hobby Lobby is in Louisville.

MAJOR SHAMELESS PLUG TIME!!!

You do know there's a HL in Florence, just off exit 180 on I 75. Isn't that closer to you than Louisville?

Doesn't it have something to do with them being a Christian company? That's the rumor I heard.

Very much so. :) It's the only store I've ever been in that has "Rock Of Ages," "Amazing Grace" and " A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" among its Muzak.

And is it just me or is 5 HL and 6 Michaels stores in a 20 mile radius a bit crazy? I guess people in my city like their craft hobbies... I shouldn't complain though because each store has such a different wide variety of yarns!

------------

I live in Austin, too, and it does at times seem a bit much, but you know, I know that no matter where I am in the city, I can get a yarn fix if I need one, and that's never a bad thing! :lol

You do know there's a HL in Florence, just off exit 180 on I 75. Isn't that closer to you than Louisville?

I bribed my dad into going by telling him we would also go to tandy leather. Thats why we went ahead and went to Louisville.

• 4 weeks later...

I adore Hobby Lobby. Where else can induldge all of my addictions in one place? Beads, art supplies, fabric, and of course, yarn! I can't go there too often though: it's way too dangerous for my budget. :lol Besides the fact that I get a lot of odd looks while I'm fondling all of the yarns...

I went there today, and lo and behold, they were having 50% off on hooks and other tools. So I snapped up a nice set of six metal hooks for $3.00, along with a basket full of various nicely priced yarns. Fantastic!

No true knitter or crocheter (or sewer) should give you funny looks for fondling! I think it is a requirement; My mother says she still remembers my granma fondling fabrics.

Archived