I LOVE Hobby Lobby

kls7980

Doesn't it have something to do with them being a Christian company? That's the rumor I heard.

It's not a rumor. Mardel's Christian stores are owned by the Hobby Lobby people. At least in Colorado, where there is a HL, there's a Mardel's right next door.

No true knitter or crocheter (or sewer) should give you funny looks for fondling! I think it is a requirement; My mother says she still remembers my granma fondling fabrics.

That is true! I can always spot another needlecrafter because they're elbow deep in the yarn, too. Maybe it's all of the "oooh", "aaaah", and "tee hee" noises that I make in the yarn aisle that's garnering me the strange looks, then... ;)

• 1 month later...

I feel so lucky to have a Hobby Lobby nearby... Six of them just about equi distance away from my neck of the woods to be exact...

Don't know what I would do without them... They just have, MORE!!! and it is pretty affordable.

I still go to JoAnn's and Michaels and WalMarts... not to mention other LYS's around the area... But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Hobby Lobbies!!! :)

I have 3 Hobby Lobby's within 20 miles of my house. I love their huge selection! Their brand of yarn, Yarn Bee, is also one a fantastic line.

I LOVE the Yarn Bee line. "Lucious" is turning out to be my new favorite yarn. They have such soft yarns in the entire Yarn Bee line. My JoAnns has barely a row of yarn, so I don't go there. The Michaels has quite a bit more, but nowhere near the selection of Hobby Lobby. I just wish Hobby Lobby had yarn on sale more often. :)

As a matter of fact Hobby Lobby is owned by a Christian company~see their Mission Statement~http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/company/statement.htm

This is truly a Blessed company.....the man that owns these stores has said that he makes plenty of money from Monday thru Saturday. He wants the employees to spend time with their families and attend the place of worship of thier choice.

That also explains the beautiful christian music that is always playing in there~love that too!:clap

I know most of this because the man that owns HL, David Green invested alot of money and provided our church with a LOVELY building~at no cost! Our pastor found a building~then Mr. Green had construction people come in gut the building and re-did the whole thing! This was truly a blessing to our church!

I will always shop at Hobby Lobby~every chance I get!

I never realized the were associated with Mardels too~Man I love that store too!!:manyheart

mgf~:yay

Archived