What is(are) your favorite gender-neutral color(s) for baby clothing?

Unfortunatly, most colors do seem to come out too girly. Why not use bold colors instead. Babies look great in reds and drk greens. Let the parent add items later to the out fit to make it more girl (lace shirt) or boy (polo).

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to use primary colors for unisex baby things. I just love bright colors for babies. When My sister was pregnant with my nephew we had no clue if it would be a boy or girl so I bought a beautiful deep green (my sister and her hubby both have dark hair so I figured the baby would too) it worked out beautiful for him and he is almost 7 and loves to snuggle with it still.

White makes a nice gift especially if it is something that is intended to be used for a religious ceremony then it can be heirloomed for future generations.

Chrissy

I think any pastel color, except for purples and pinks work when you dont know the sex of the baby. Varigated is also a great alternative. I really like Bernat baby coordinants in auqua melon...its a varigated with greeny-blue and yellow..very neat looking.

Two of my friends will be Gramma's this summer and neither will be finding out the gender of their grands. But I'm crocheting for two different camps: one Gramma is all about pink and light blue for babies, and the other is into funky colours (yay!).

My favourite gender neutral colours are dark (red with mushroom, burgandy with navy blue, green and antique white) but my all-time favourite outfit was mushroom with a buff trim. (I've got one going now!)

• 1 month later...

You are the artist with a hook. Be that fully and worry not about convention. The Pink for Girls and Blue for Boys didn't come about until the 1930s. When I was 6, my favorite color was pink. I just turned 58 and I still look good in pink.

Be artist and create your work of art with love and affection as you crochet. Where your feelings and thoughts are as you crochet are as important as the colors you choose. Put love and security, playfulness and joy into each stitch and the baby and parents will love it.

I know this for a fact.

Love Musrhoom

I've always loved brown because it's an easy color for a boy to wear, and for a girl, you can always whipstitch around in off-white or add an off-white bow or flower or something to dress it up. Plus, brown works with many bottoms such as tan, white, blue jean.

Green and white work for me. Or just white. Or even a rainbow verigated, not pastel, but darker/brigher. The only truly neutral would be white, but lots of colors are good for boys or girls both.

White is classic. Green and yellow are what people often default to...and there's nothing wrong with that. However, my FAVORITE color when I am not sure as to the sex of the baby is a cream color. I don't know...just doesn't seem like it would show dirt or stains as much and would go with a lot of things.

Archived