what is it?

angelfire

I made this for my granddaughter for her 1/2 birthday( because she was born in December we celebrate one in late July when there are no family birthdays). Can you tell what it is?

th_c9de395a.jpg

it has a strap and a zipper

open it up and

th_1649f42f.jpg a hook case filled with purple hooks...still missing a purple c hook and the K hook is gray but I found a purple N hook...can you tell that purple is her favorite color?

wow....it's magic! :2magic That is one extraordinary case. It's beautiful! I love the color too. I bet the sweetie receving it is going to flip with joy! :yay:jumpyay I am so impressed with your beautiful work! :cheer :cheer :cheer

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/alhookcase.htm

this is the pattern I used. It suggests a 16" zipper as an option for closing but I think an 18" would have been better. I decided to put the strap on using a x-stitch pattern so she can carry it with her when she brings her crochet...that made a zipper necessary...she is 10 and the first DGD I taught to crochet. Her youger sister is 4 and starting to learn left-handed from her mother.

What a lovely idea. I can't think of any crocheter who wouldn't appreciate something like that. And with your granddaughter having learnt crocheting from you, I'm sure it's something she would really treasure.

That is really neat...and I LOVE purple...maybe I should collect purple hooks. :lol Great job on that.

So thoughtful of you, not only to make the case, but to take the time to fill it with purple hooks! My aunt gave me my first set of hooks in a case when I was 12. It was one of the most appreciated gifts I ever received and I still use them now (more than 30 years later!), thinking of her every time I pull one out!

Beautiful job Bonnie! What a fun Grandma you are- looking for all those hooks in PURPLE! And what a very discerning young lady your purple loving granddaughter is!:yarn

Fantastic. I want to be your granddaughter too. :manyheart

I second that emotion! :cheer That is adorable AND practical - and I love the color too. :yes

Thats so nice! You guys are so lucky you can buy colored hooks, here you have a choice of grey plastic or grey metal!

Archived