Does Anybody Here Get.....

...Depressed when you see a garment that is machine crocheted, and its not easy to figure out how to make one by hand? I DO! Cause I see something I really want to make? AND CAN"T! Sorry to shout, just so frustrated....With four kids, I can only do "no brainer" designing...don't have the time to figure it out...

Anyway, here's a pic of what's got me so depressed :lol

thanks for letting me vent :lol

Picture removed for hotlinking & copyright reasons.

I don't have a pattern for it, but my sister pointed me to Ardenb.com its a website with clothes for sale, and they have a picture of a (varigated) orange crocheted sweater, and this blue color and a plum color are pictured in alternate views. man if I had this pattern I'd make a 100 of em.:bang

Unless it's been a recent innovation, nothing is machine crocheted. Everything you see that is crocheted is most likely made by hand in another country.

Wow.. that's gorgous... I bet it wouldn't be *too* hard.. if you had a close up pic I bet you could figure something out if not the exact pattern at least something darn close.. that's truly lovely :)h

Oh that is what I thought but I wasn't sure (about machines).

I totally agree about wanting patterns like that tho!! I would definitely pay for it.

BTW, have you seen the "baroque jacket" at the Stitch Diva site? I bought that pattern and am looking for the right yarn for it. It is my next project.

I've seen that pattern too and the rest of the crocheted tops at ardenb.com. I'm crazy and frustrated over those. How i wish i could make, even just one...at the moment. They're really really gorgeous.

:heart ,

Fe

OOps! Did I do that?:blush Sorry about the hotlinking and copywrite stuff, shows how much I know!:bang

Um, there are machines that crochet, mostly blanket edgings etc., at least they call it "crochet". They are Industrial machines, mostly for finishing garments. Unfortunately I assumed (and you know what that does :lol ) that because they had crochet edging machines, that hey, maybe they have garment machines! Anywho, thanks to all for reading my posts and for your helpful responses and hey editing! Jeez, I need some :coffee :hug2

Wah! :cry I missed the pic! Can you give us the link? You can link to it, you just can't hotlink (which means displaying the photo here when it actually resides on somebody else's web site). I wanna see!! :hyper

That is so pretty! A friend visited the other day, wearing a similar lacy crochet top she had bought somewhere. I spent the whole evening surreptitiously staring at it, trying to figure out how I could make something like it. :)

hi, i have a pattern that is so close that it isn't even funny, the only difference is that the middle isn't more solid as that one is. i wonder if it would work, i love it (my pattern and your sweater) so think when i get a chance i might work it up and see how it is. i will keep you posted as to how it looks when i start(when i have the time that is, never rains but it pours, so many orders and now new job to crochet items for):loco , :w-lol :w-lol vicki

Archived