Cotton Chenille Shawl

Yammy

I got a great deal on this cotton chenille on ebay, it actually feels more like suede, very buttery and I just love the way it drapes.

I used the classic Seraphina shawl pattern that I've admired so many times here at crochetville.

chenilleshawl.jpg

Anywho, thanks for looking :)

IMG%5D

I love seeing how different patterns look with just a change of yarn. Yours looks great :)

Very pretty...... That is my favorite shawl pattern. Doni has added another pattern to her site but I have not tried it yet.

I am struggling thru a spiderweb pattern that I bought on line grrrr.I will post it once I get it finished.... porbably in the year 2010 :yes

It looks great! And if that yarn is nearly as soft as you say it is, I can only IMAGINE how great it must feel ON you!:hook

I love love love this yarn, it really does feel more like suede though. The shawl is still fairly light but it does feel just wonderful on.

I really enjoyed doing the Seraphina shawl. I had heard of difficulties while making it but I found it fairly easy and straightforward. I plan to make another with the rainbow yarn from JoAnns.

Yammy, I LOVE how your shawl looks, enough that I want to make one too. I have some questions for you though. What is the brand name of that yarn? How much of it did you need for the seraphina shawl? What size hook did you use? Like I said before I think that shawl is wonderful. You did a great job! Thanks for posting it. :cheer

karin,

I bought the chenille off ebay, I did a thread about the shop on this thread here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25490

It only took two balls of the color she calls 'ginger bread' ( was a screamin' deal too!) and I used a F hook.

Edit: F hook, this is skinny stuff alot like baby yarn or sport weight.

Archived