Navy Seal

clearwaters

This is a first for me. I used to do a lot of knitted graph work. I've never worked a graph in crochet before. When I saw this graph, I just knew it would be the perfect Father's Day gift for DH. I left myself plenty of time, so I wouldn't feel pressured. This is the result.

th_68418_107_0737.JPGclick it!

I'll have to do some checking around. I followed a link, from a link, from a link. Well you get the idea. There's no addy on my printed page. It just says Epson Photo Center - Visit Albums.

When I came across it, I printed it out right away - afraid I wouldn't find it again. Maybe google can help you.

Isn't there a place you can "graph" out anything? I was on the navy homepage, and was going to find out what ship mine was on, and see about making that insignia, too.

Isn't there a place you can "graph" out anything? I was on the navy homepage, and was going to find out what ship mine was on, and see about making that insignia, too.

Here is a place that will make a graph from a picture.

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

There are 3 sizes of graph you can make on this place.:hook

Cool, Thanks, TampaDoll. I found a website that I can download logos for the seal, and then individual insignia patches for the ships! :yay

I have a list of the ships he was on and the years, I am thinking about putting the navy seal in the center, and then do the ships around it, like a motif afghan! :cheer

Just got my copy of Crochet World June 2006 this morning in the mail.:mail

Right on the front cover is a picture of an afghan that has the insignia's for the 5 branches of the armed forces. Navy, Coast Guard, Army, Marines and Air Force. They have each in its own panel with Support our Troops in the other panels. Anyway, inside are graphs for each insignia.:yes

This is a good place to get the graph for those who want it. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Hope this helps.:hook

Wow that's fabulous! I have a Navy man myself, and its giving me ideas...

Sorry for the chnage of subject but I've read these boards for months and my curiosity has finally gotten the better of me. What does "DH" stand for?

Wow that's fabulous! I have a Navy man myself, and its giving me ideas...

Sorry for the chnage of subject but I've read these boards for months and my curiosity has finally gotten the better of me. What does "DH" stand for?

dear husband, damn husband. usually dear.... :lol

i'll have to find that magazine!

Oh my...I cannot let my husband (former Navy man) see this !!! He'll be wanting one !!!! I've never tried graph crochet before... this makes me wanna! It's awesome! Great job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived