Bonnie's Butterfly Shawl

jaclim

Jackie, in order to get the beads all on the same side, you have to always start on the same side, or only bead every other row. So, at the end of a row, you have to finish and start back to the other side, so you are not turning your work. I hope that makes sense.

I love your work! That is gorgeous! Have you thought about writing it out and submitting?

Since Bonnie who is my partner for the stole swap has gotten her shawl already, I can finally post it here.:D This is made with Monaco Raylon in gray. I used size 8 seed beads in hematine. I had to frog this 2 times before I was satisfied with it. The body of the shawl is a revised version of the Spring Has Sprung Shawl. The butterfly is from Designer Fashion's Butterfly Shawl. I crocheted the beads around the edging of the shawl and had to sew on the beads on the butterfly as I still don't know how to bead crochet to make the beads appear on 1 side only. :P Here is the shawl::hook

Butterfly detail:

th_Springstoleswapbutterfly.jpg

Full view of the Shawl:

th_SpringstoleswapBonnie.jpg

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS

Jackie, in order to get the beads all on the same side, you have to always start on the same side, or only bead every other row. So, at the end of a row, you have to finish and start back to the other side, so you are not turning your work. I hope that makes sense.

I love your work! That is gorgeous! Have you thought about writing it out and submitting?

Thanks, Sue! I tried adding beads by going back after finishing the row like you suggested but the beads looked wonky. I had to frog it after finishing several rows. :eek I decided to just sew on the beads after crocheting.

This shawl was a combination of 2 patterns that I liked......doesn't feel right to claim it as my own. :blush If anybody wants to make this and has any questions, I'd be more than willing to help out. :hook

Oh my goodness that is so lovely. She is lucky to have it. I love the color and what you have done with the butterfly. Wonderful work you did.:hook

I would to make this :hookI have the spring has spung pattern and can see what you did with the flowers :devilBut I do not have the other pattern with the butterfly :think

Archived