beaded barrette

jaclim

I made this little barrette tonight. I used size 10 cotton thread and size 8 seed beads in assorted colors that I am trying to use up. I'm still too lazy to sort them from the ziplock bag so this is one way of using them.:hook

barettefront.jpg

barette2.jpg

What a great idea! Did you just crochet "around" the barrette (like a purse handle)? Or is it attached using some other method? Either way, it's wonderful!

Yes, I removed the bended metal under then sc'd to cover the barrette. I then bead chained 6 times in every sc to cover the barrette completely. Try it! It's a quick and easy project! :hook

Jackie that is so pretty, did it take long to attach all of those beads?? :manyheart

I had all the beads strung first before starting to crochet. It didn't take many beads to make this little thing. The barrette is only about 2 1/2 inches long. :)

• 1 month later...

I've been poking around in some of the older threads (from Before the time I joined you all), and I found this little cutie! What little girl wouldn't LOVE this especially now with Spring here and colors just popping out all over the place! Jacki I stand in AWE of your beading expertise and Talent!

Archived