Request for Cousin who just lost her baby ** UDATE **

Everyday Crochet

Hi all, I just heard this afternoon from my aunt that my cousin Katie lost her baby. She was 8 months pregnant and they just saw the baby on a level 3 ultra sound last week and everything looked good. I don't have much info. yet as to what happened, I just know that she lost the little girl and that they have induced her to deliver her.

What makes this so hard is that Katie suffered a great deal when my sister passed away 3 years ago. She was naming her little girl after my sister Kimberly. The baby's name is Alexis Kimberly. She was due to be born the 3rd week of March.

I would like to put together a comfortghan for Katie. It was Katies mom who taught me how to crochet.

I would like 12 squares of ww yarn in either pink or white or a combination of pink & white together.

Thank you all in advance. I will update later this evening as I should have more info. on Katie. You do not have to border the squares as I will do this. Just make them 12 inches.

I have an update on Katie... I called my grandmother's house this morning and my uncle answered. He said that Katie delivered the baby this morning around 6 am. He said they all held her and she was perfect. They just expected her to squint and squirm and possibly cry. My uncle was pretty shaken up so I didn't ask too many questions. He said that I could call Katie later this afternoon and that they cord had become twisted.

Thank you so much for your prayers and your kindness in making squares for this comfortghan. May God bless each of you as you give of yourself for someone else.

Theresa, I'd be happy to make a square - I can do a white square. Last year (it'll be 1 year tomorrow) a good friend of mine who was 8 months pregnant lost her baby (a son) as well, due to a cord accident. Unfortunately, I wasn't as able to be there for her when this happened, because the very next morning, when she went into the hospital for a C section, my brother died in a car accident, so I can imagine what your cousin is feeling. When I have it finished, I'll PM you for your address. I'm so sorry for your cousin and your whole family. I can't imagine for a mother there can be anything worse than the loss of a child.

I would love to help. I can make a pink square- more than one, if you'd like.

How soon would you like them? I have to run to the store for some yarn tonight, but I'm sure I could have them done and in the mail by Wednesday.

I am so sorry for your cousin's loss. I have two little girls and I cannot imagine the pain and grief of losing them.

Thank you ladies. I guess I would like them by March 6th. That is 2 weeks to finish and mail out and then I can piece it together and give it to her the next week.

I still have no update. My mom and sister went up to the hospital (it is an hour away) but I am not going up today. I had to be in the Twin Cities this morning for an EEG for my 3 year old and I am just too tired to drive and I don't like driving at night. Plus my dh is gone and with 4 kids to bring along... well, I will just wait to hear the update and see about going tomorrow.

I will pm you all my address. Thank you again.

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

OMG I am soooo sorry to hear of this loss. It's just so sad. It's always hard to lose a loved one, but it's so much more so when it's a little baby. Of course I will be happy to send you a couple of squares. I will PM you for the addy. (I will be more than happy to do one of each color. If you only want one, let me know.)

Here's a big :hug to send to your cousin.

Thank you ladies. I think have pm'ed you all my address. If not let me know and I will do it.

Question... about how many 12 inch squares does it take to make an afghan? This will be my first time putting one together and I'm unsure as to about how many squares I will need.

Theresa

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. My daughter just lost a baby last week, at 5 months. I will be happy to make a square. Please send me your address.

Deedes:angel

oh theresa, i am so sorry hon, will pray for your cousin for her to have comfort in knowing you care so much, it is very hard to lose a baby, i know i did when my son was 2 months old to crib death, and it don't matter if you lose them before or after their born, is heartbreaking, let me know how many squares you need. will send one in each color unless you need more sweetie. sending:hug :hug :hug to you. please pm me with your addy alright?:manyheart

I have an update on Katie... I called my grandmother's house this morning and my uncle answered. He said that Katie delivered the baby this morning around 6 am. He said they all held her and she was perfect. They just expected her to squint and squirm and possibly cry. My uncle was pretty shaken up so I didn't ask too many questions. He said that I could call Katie later this afternoon and that they cord had become twisted.

-----------------

It's so cruel, because it's accidental - exactly what happened to my friend Christina last year. But she also told me that knowing it was a cord accident made her feel better, too, because it wasn't anything she did, and they didn't have to wait to try again, when they were ready.

that is so sad theresa, i can not even imagine having to deal with losing my child like that, at least with my baby i got to have him for 2 months of heaven before he went back to god and became one of his angels. that has to be the hardest thing for them. i will be starting on the squares today. if you need more than of each color, please let me know, my friends call me a crochet machine as i crochet so fast:blush :blush :blush

Thank you so much for your prayers and your kindness in making squares for this comfortghan. May God bless each of you as you give of yourself for someone else.

Please send me an address and I will send one out to you by monday or tuesday. I am so sorry for her loss. I cant even imagine how much pain she is in. I almost lost my youngest at 3 months. Thank god I didn't but he did have to have heart surgery. I feel so bad for her and the family. I would love to help with a square.

Archived