Hello from London, UK!

MysterySister

I'm usually terribly shy on forums, I often sign up and then do nothing but lurk, but you lot all seem so friendly and sweet I thought it was time to break my bad habits and introduce myself.

Me, too! I have been in forums before, but some people were outright hostile and/or rude, and I just didn't feel like participating in those places. But I look forward to checking this one daily!

I have caught the crochet bug now though, I crochet everywhere I go. While everyone else on the bus is reading their papers I am making granny squares and scarves. It's a real conversation starter!

Once I was crocheting at San Diego Airport (airports are great: long waits) and this totally random person stopped and asked me what I was making. Although I am a total newbie myself, she was kind enough to admire my work and it felt good to connect to a stranger through crocheting, my shyness notwithstanding.

So great to have you here! :yay

• 1 month later...

whoo, i'm from london too.

Hullo, I'm Carly.

i love knitting and am now shimmying into crochet as i lost my fav crochet shawl and want to re-create it and it's so much easier than knitting needles to manage in public!

Now i'm all signed up and ready i'm off to the patterns page to begin my hunt for a shell stitch shawl. xx

Hello and welcome from another southern Californian.

I've been part of lots of boards but I just love this one- in fact, most of my online time is spent here. These women (and men ;)) have lots of inspiring ideas and tons of creativity. :hook

Hi (:hi) and welcome! Isn't it cool that I'm "talking" to you all the way from Maryland? I'm not that shy, but I do know that this forum is something special - everybody goes out of their way to help, like taking time to look up patterns, weblinks, and post helpful comments when one is stuck in a pattern.

If you haven't found the Crochet Alongs (CAL's; under the community center subheading), then drop on by and find something you'd like to do with one of the friendly groups of people (sometimes the same ones - I think JulieKay is signed up for every CAL on the forum :rofl). Everybody is very encouraging and I find it helps me actually finish something . You'll find CAL's addicting.... (just warning you!)

Archived