Hello from London, UK!

MysterySister

I'm usually terribly shy on forums, I often sign up and then do nothing but lurk, but you lot all seem so friendly and sweet I thought it was time to break my bad habits and introduce myself.

I've been crocheting on and off since I was a child as it was something my mother really loved doing and I always admired her creativity, but it wasn't until the last few months that I really started to enjoy it myself. I've only recently learned how to read patterns and I've only just diversified beyond slip stitch - single crochet – double crochet, so I would consider myself a total utter newbie really. I have caught the crochet bug now though, I crochet everywhere I go. While everyone else on the bus is reading their papers I am making granny squares and scarves. It's a real conversation starter!

I only found this forum a few days ago and this community has really inspired me already, I've seen links to some incredible patterns and I would love to take part in some of the charity crochet projects too as I am currently unable to work due to health problems.

I'm so glad I've found this forum and I look forward to getting involved!

Hi. Welcome from Palm Beach County, Florida. This is also the only forum that I visit regularly since all the folks here are so nice. We're glad to have you with us.:dog

What a fabulously warm welcome, I'm so glad I plucked up the courage to post, thank you all! :manyheart

I'm off to rummage for my camera cable so I can pop over to Show-and-Tell later. Most of the things I have made so far have been improvised from just a few basic stitches because I didn't work out how to follow patterns until very recently, but I am very proud of all of it. I'd be interested to see what more seasoned crocheters think of my efforts.

Hello:hi and Welcome:welcome from the West Coast of Florida. 5 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico.

Oh Pictures:photo . I love looking at pictures :gallery of what others have done.

You will have a great time here and as you have discovered, we are a great bunch.:hook

Hello!!! Welcome to Crochetville from an American living south-east of you in Belgium! I crochet on the public trasportation here as well, and the weird looks I get are very amusing! Keep up the PDC! (public displays of crocheting! :lol )

I don't get to London that often, but if you know any good yarn shops, please feel free to share with us in this thread: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6225 I travel a good amount around Europe for work and I love going to new yarn shops in different cities!

Glad to have you join us!

Archived