Antique Patterns

emeraldmoon

Oh Cathey, how beautiful!! I collect antique pattern books...this website is truly a FIND!! Thank you for sharing!!

OMG Cathey - Thank you SO much for sharing this wonderful site with us! I was just looking at edging books this past weekend, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Even though I haven't finished looking at all of these books, I already see two patterns here that I am going to try. These are some beautiful patterns, and the photos and text are so clear - what a treasure to find these! :rose

The link was posted on a group site that I belong too. She only had it to show for one of the pdf files. All I did was delete part of the address to bring up the list of all of the books.. They are great..

They just recently moved these here from another site. It is an ongoing project to preserve these great patterns. I have donated scanned copies of a few of my books for this collection. Makes me feel less quilty to enjoy this fabulous collection knowing that I have contributed to it.

Awesome!! I have downloaded some of these (an incredibly slow process on my dialup connection zzzzzz......) and was over the moon with the AWB Crochet Book and its beautiful, beautiful butterflies. I'll just have to try one.

To all those concerned in posting these books, many thanks. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

If you want sympathetic help and discussion for crocheting some of these patterns, look at the Irish Crochet board:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Irish_Crochet_Lovers/

Many of the people who have contributed to the antique pattern library visit there. Participants frequently choose a pattern from one of the books for a crochet-along.

I found the initial pattern library by Googling for Riego crochet patterns, and some of her booklets are available there.

Archived